Would you hit it?

spawnofthesith

• Members

I don't get the hate for gold hardware. It looks great on certain guitars (this one included in my opinion.) For instance, a Les Paul Custom just doesn't look right without it

I like the look but it's a PITA to keep looking good. Chrome or nickel is the easiest followed by black and gold is waaay behind.

When it tarnishes it looks like ass and all the little cracks to get it out of makes it not worth the hassle IMO.

• Members
I've never seen poly crack that badly before.

I have, back when Warmoth were working the initial kinks out of their UV-cure poly system. After those cracks will come the flakes, and then eventually you'll be able to peel it like an orange.

• Members

I happen to think LPCs look awesome with chrome hardware. Better than with gold IMO.

13818_Gibson_Les_Paul_Classic_Custom_Gol

That said, if that Ibby in the OP were selling for a good price, I'd hit it. It would have to be a pretty damned nice price, though.

nope, the only Custom that looks right is this one:

dbe85bb3-982c-429d-8943-39fd5169ae2c.jpg

chrome is for boring middle-of-the-road players

• Members

I pretty much hate everything about that guitar. Pickups, bridge, nut, hardware color, body color, the cracks, the neck radius...

Hate it all.

And I hate that weird tombstone it's lying on. And someone should do something about the weeds growing between the paving stones - that's just nasty. And look at the state of that lawn. It's way past it's best - there's no bringing that back up to scratch. All in all, there absolutely nothing to like about that guitar at all. I feel used and dirty just looking at a photo of it.

Archived