Axe-FX Firmware 6.01 clip - 5150 III heaviness

Nolly

• Members

I was really happy to see that Fractal have added all three channels of a 5150 III to the Axe II now, and as expected it sounds pretty monstrous!

This is a short clip of the Red channel. I used my signature ViK Duality 7 for guitars, Dingwall Combustion for bass.

ViK Duality 7 + Axe II 5150 III test by Nolly on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Cheers!

• Members

Massive!!!

PS... I dunno if I should ask you here...but anyway...

Now that you're using the AxeII, do you have any good Ultra patches you might send me? I can send you some of mine too if you like. I always enjoyed your heavy lead/rhythm tones you got from the Ultra, and your patches were one of the reasons I ended up getting one...

Whattya say bro?

• Members

Thanks guys, yeah the 5150III model is pretty FAT!

Massive!!!

PS... I dunno if I should ask you here...but anyway...

Now that you're using the AxeII, do you have any good Ultra patches you might send me? I can send you some of mine too if you like. I always enjoyed your heavy lead/rhythm tones you got from the Ultra, and your patches were one of the reasons I ended up getting one...

Whattya say bro?

Ah what the hell, why not. Here's one of my main rhythm patches that used stock IRs:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/Killer%20Rhythm.syx

• Members

That's right...you did work with those guys. I love the sound of their stuff...Actually started a thread here about them not too long ago. Nice work!

No no, I didn't work with 7H7E, just covered a couple of their riffs. Aaron the guitar player produced their album, and Andy Sneap reamped the guitars for them. Aaron's work is pretty ridiculous, he did the new Loomis record too.

• Members

No no, I didn't work with 7H7E, just covered a couple of their riffs. Aaron the guitar player produced their album, and Andy Sneap reamped the guitars for them. Aaron's work is pretty ridiculous, he did the new Loomis record too.

Ahh...my mistake... I remember glossing through my FB newsfeed seeing your posts about them...I guess I got confused and credited you for something not yours. :lol:

Sneap is a beast. A lot of Jason Suecof's earlier productions got reamped by Sneap too. Jay would always joke with me about how he would work his ass off on the guitars, only to have Sneapster reamp em. :lol:

• Members

Hey Nolly... I must admit I have been wanting to E-mail you for a LONG time asking you for one of your patches, just never had the balls and didn't wanna seem like a bum... how will that patch you posted work out live? Have anything suited more towards live application with a poweramp/cab setup? I'm using an Ultra as well...

• Members

Hey Nolly... I must admit I have been wanting to E-mail you for a LONG time asking you for one of your patches, just never had the balls and didn't wanna seem like a bum... how will that patch you posted work out live? Have anything suited more towards live application with a poweramp/cab setup? I'm using an Ultra as well...

If I remember correctly my live patch was basically that exact one just with the cab bypassed :)

• Members

Yeah, to be honest the difference is massive, especially since firmware 6.00. I feel like with the Ultra I spent years trying to nail a truly realistic character and response (especially the low end "bounciness" and harmonic richness) from my high-gain tones and never reached the point of true satisfaction, but with the II it was just right there straight away. It's still very easy to make the II sound bad, but then that's true of recording a real amp too.

Archived