Animals As Leaders Assaulted by Boston Police

spawnofthesith

• Members

I dont know, there are alot of
BLANKs
in that story..

Ive never seen anything remotely like that here in NYC and the whoie thing sounds pretty suspect.

are you kidding, police kill innocent people here. this one came to light this week, the police said they had to use force against an armed suspect when they shot this guy. that was until a clip surfaced on youtube, now they're appologizing. it's a different world now that everyone can video on a cell phone

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cops are bullies with badges, and those who disagree usually are one, used to be one, or have ties to one.

Or are just one of those freaks that loves authority, so long as their good ole boy status renders them immune from it.

• Members

I dont know, there are alot of
BLANKs
in that story..

Ive never seen anything remotely like that here in NYC
and the whoie thing sounds pretty suspect.

What does that have to do with anything?

• Members

Nothing.. And obviously he's being incredibly naive for some reason.. I doubt among most Chicagoans, whether they be law abiding citizens or crooks, you will find too many who wouldn't at least admit to cops abusing power in some way, shape or form at times.. Most have probably seen it, including myself.. And New York is an even bigger city.. The bigger the city, the more cops you have, the more chances there will be a few bad seeds in the bunch who are on power trips. Just how it is

• Members

The culture of the department has alot to do with it. Our city dept. is fairly large and is setup like a para-military organization. Basically the LAPD model. They're fairly professional but there are some real douchebags on the force.

• Members

well, it happened in boston and he lives in new york.

and since birds are afraid of asian people, i have to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while screaming the number 41 silently in my head for about an hour.

• Members

Since when is filming police officers a crime worthy of arrest?

This {censored} is getting out of hand, those with power need to be held accountable

isn't it illegal like in california and other states?

if it was a crime worthy of arrest, he would have arrested the guy filming when he announced he was filming, rather than just destroy the equipment.

• Members

if it was a crime worthy of arrest, he would have arrested the guy filming when he announced he was filming,
rather than just destroy the equipment

That's actually what happens sometimes now. In IL they just upheld that you CAN film the cops (they were trying to say under wiretap laws you couldn't :facepalm: ) I don't know the laws in Boston, but when the equipment is destroyed and its your word v. cop, things tilt in their favor.

• Members

if it was a crime worthy of arrest, he would have arrested the guy filming when he announced he was filming, rather than just destroy the equipment.

It's not illegal to film police officers in California. I've done it a number of times.

• Members

That's actually what happens sometimes now. In IL they just upheld that you CAN film the cops (they were trying to say under wiretap laws you couldn't
:facepalm:
) I don't know the laws in Boston, but when the equipment is destroyed and its your word v. cop, things tilt in their favor.

but if he destroys the equipment, and arrests you, then he has to file a report and all that {censored}, then he has to come up with some legal justification for taking a person into custody.

where in this situation, he was just waving his cock around.

in conclusion, you can record cops. just don't do it so close to where they can break your {censored} lol.

• Members

but if he destroys the equipment, and arrests you, then he has to file a report and all that {censored}, then he has to come up with some legal justification for taking a person into custody.

where in this situation, he was just waving his cock around.

in conclusion, you can record cops. just don't do it so close to where they can break your {censored} lol.

He doesn't arrest you. He just breaks the equipment. Then you have to file a complaint and he goes "Dunno what that dude is talking about." and you're out your phone or whatever.

• Members

I do think its possible that one of the AAL guys may have questioned the cop with something like"hey what's going on? or, What are you doing?".or something along those lines... I can say from experience, that never goes over well.. If it doesn't concern you, then its best to keep your mouth shut.. And, who knows, that may actually be obstructing a police investigation, or whatever it was she said the cop said.. I'm to lazy to look that up..

• Members

I disagree, I think the assholes are in the minority. Its like anything else in life, most people are generally good and youre bound to find a few assholes.

In my experiences, older cats (well, dudes in their mid 40's & up ) are usually alright, and black cops. Black cops have always been square with me & never seem to have the "cop attitude" white dudes have (and Im white & country as they come). When I was 17, one asked me "What's that plate on your front bumper about?" (A confederate flag lic plate) . I told him that it was simply just decoration. Im Southern. That's how I was raised. It represents to me the way I live, my family, my brothers, the things we do, and how we do 'em. He just said "Good enough. Get that light fixed. Have a good day son." and went on his way.

On the other hand, young cops, and small cops usually (again, in my experiences) are usually pricks. Most bigger guys will tell you that there are guys with little man syndrome. (Im 6'4 & about 210. Not exactly a big dude, but have run into little man syndrome guys ALOT. Mix little mans syndrome with a badge ..and you get an a$$hole.

The young guys must have the eager rookie thing going. Maybe they mellow with experience.

• Members

That's {censored}ed up but that {censored} is gonna happen. Fields like policework can attract whackjobs with emotional problems just like how you get that one security guard, bouncer, etc. So you end up with that bad apple who just can't control their self when wielding authority. I bet every cop, at some point in their career has a day where some abuse of authority is tempting and would feel pretty damn good, but this guy acted on it.

If the story is exactly how it went down, it sounds like that guy has some serious problems

• Members

In my experiences... Black cops have always been square with me & never seem to have the "cop attitude"

And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none

But don't let it be a black and a white one

Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top

Black police showin out for the white cop

• Members

It means that I live in a large mertopolitan area like Boston and have never seen anything like that. Do you really think that there is a big difference between cops in NY and Boston or any large metropolitan area? Did you really need an explanation?

• Members

Nothing.. And obviously he's being incredibly naive for some reason..
I doubt among most Chicagoans, whether they be law abiding citizens or crooks, you will find too many who wouldn't at least admit to cops abusing power in some way, shape or form at times.. Most have probably seen it, including myself.. And New York is an even bigger city.. The bigger the city, the more cops you have, the more chances there will be a few bad seeds in the bunch who are on power trips. Just how it is

Feel free to back up that statement

Archived