Dimarzio, your QC is hosing me.

Crunchtime

• Members

I ordered a Dimarzio DP 245 Dominion bridge a few days ago and it arrived today. I was stoked to put it in and try it out.

The nickle covers with exposed hex screws looked awesome and I was warming up the soldering iron when I noticed a problem. The little sticker with the model number on the bottom indicates it is a DP 244, the neck Dominion. :mad::mad::mad:

The package even read DP 245. I guess someone at the Dimarzio factory {censored}ed me. Now I have to deal with sending it back and waiting for a replacement. I was really looking forward to it as I have Sunday off.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Members

That's mega lame.

But wait, how do you know that the QC didn't reverse hose you and the pickup is actually in fact a mislabeled bridge pup?!??

I thought of that. Of course the {censored}er at Dimarzio probably figured I would think that and did a double reverse hosing.

• Members

Mate, we're all alowed to make misstakes, you know. And just because somebody else did, you don't have to go down the same road. ;) I got a DiMarzio Red Velvet that came in a HS-3 box. Luckily for me the RV was that I had ordered so no return was necessary. It's however not quality control that may be slipping here. Possibly these plastic boxes come in crates and every now and then one or two of them end up in the wrong crate.

• Members

That's mega lame.

But wait, how do you know that the QC didn't reverse hose you and the pickup is actually in fact a mislabeled bridge pup?!??

This..

I know everyone doesn't have a multimeter, but they are cheap and come in very handy for guitar.. Especially for checking the dc resistance of a pickup.. You check the dc resistance and you should be able to identify if its a bridge or neck by comparing the numbers.. Its insanely easy to do

• Members

This..

I know everyone doesn't have a multimeter, but they are cheap and come in very handy for guitar.. Especially for checking the dc resistance of a pickup.. You check the dc resistance and you should be able to identify if its a bridge or neck by comparing the numbers.. Its insanely easy to do

LOL. Genius, why didn't I think of that. I would have to strip the wire though. I will contact seller first. I don't want to {censored} up being able to return it.

• Members

Dimarzio has a 30 day exchange.. So you can strip the wires and check. With the worst case, you can just tell Dimarzio you want to exchange it for the RIGHT Dominion this time! Lol..

But hopefully its just mislabeled..

• Members

Btw, I've done the exchange with dimarzio numerous times.. Always been pain free.. Just call him, tell him your situation, they give you a RA.number and you send it back and within a week usually you have a new pickup

• Members

I called the seller and he is sending me a replacement right away, before I even return the other. Said he would throw in some extra swag for my troubles. He already sent about 15 stickers, a couple string winders, a dozen assorted picks, and one of those pick holders that stick on the back of your headstock with my original order.

He sounded like a super cool guy on the phone and is the only guy I know of that has the sweet looking Dimarzios with nickle covers and 12 exposed screws.

I am still bummed I can't jam it today. Oh well, 1st world problems are a bitch.

• Members

Dimarzio will take care of your problem. They once allowed me to return a pickup I had never opened after a YEAR and just exchanged it for a different one, no questions asked. All I did was call.

• Members

I'd honestly probably end up getting the neck model for the bridge myself, and go with something like a PAF Pro or Air Norton in the neck. I get along better with the drop in output. Same thing with the Evo; I like the neck version in the bridge alot better than the bridge model.

• Members

I called the seller and he is sending me a replacement right away, before I even return the other. Said he would throw in some extra swag for my troubles. He already sent about 15 stickers, a couple string winders, a dozen assorted picks, and one of those pick holders that stick on the back of your headstock with my original order.

He sounded like a super cool guy on the phone and is the only guy I know of that has the sweet looking Dimarzios with nickle covers and 12 exposed screws.

I am still bummed I can't jam it today. Oh well, 1st world problems are a bitch.

Sounds like he's trying to make it right. :thu:

Archived