NCD! Also, a question...

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

2012-06-03_15-27-18_485.jpg

Went to GC just to dick around, maybe try some guitars or something, turned a corner and saw this guy. JCM 900 1960 A in white. Tested it with a DSL and a Wolfgang... lovely. It's currently awaiting practice in my car.

Should go awesomely with my Stiletto.

My question is about the casters. It didn't come with any, the Ernie Ball ones don't fit, and Marshall ones are expensive and in England. Don't wanna pay nearly 1/3 of what I paid for the cab for some goddamn wheels.

Do hardware stores have the scrww in style of casters or am I SOL?

• Members

Just get a furniture dolly:

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Moving-Boxes-Supplies-Hand-Trucks-Dollies/h_d1/N-5yc1vZarxn/R-100057209/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Hmm, might just go that route if'n I can't find the right casters.

Nice av btw, a friend of mine gave me that wallet a few months back.:cool:

• Members

Any hardware store should have some heavy duty casters at a fraction of the price of the official Marshall. Find out what size they are and you should be able to find a set that fits.

Speakers?

• Members

Any hardware store should have some heavy duty casters at a fraction of the price of the official Marshall. Find out what size they are and you should be able to find a set that fits.

Speakers?

Ya think? I just didn't know if the screw in kind that fit these sockets were readily available. I could just pop a socket out and bring it into the store with me.

It's got the 75's.

• Members
Yeah, right? They're just so pretty in white. Best part is that it's used and has some light wear/discoloration so I'm not gonna have to be all anal about it.

Thanks!

Ya think? I just didn't know if the screw in kind that fit these sockets were readily available. I could just pop a socket out and bring it into the store with me.

It's got the 75's.

Buy a cheap cover for it

Edit:

Guess they aren't so cheap :rolleyes:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/marshall-bc94-1960a-speaker-cabinet-cover

• Members

Buy a cheap cover for it

Edit:

Guess they aren't so cheap
:rolleyes:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/marshall-bc94-1960a-speaker-cabinet-cover

Heh, I know right, {censored} like that is too expensive. That's like $1 worth of fabric.

But anyway, I'm not too worried about it. Like I said, it already has some imperfections so you know, hard part's over. That first ding is always the worst.

• Members
I've used casters from the hardware store before. My only advice is go ahead and spray them with some
penetrating silicone lube
, mine got squeaky in a hurry. I would also recommend the furniture dolly idea. I've seen them in Big Lots for 20 bucks.

Fixed.

• Members

My 1960 had no casters when I got it. I didn't shell out for the correct ones. I just bought some heavy duty ones from the hardware store for like $5 each or something. They have flat mounting plates and attach with 4 screws.

• Members

My 1960 had no casters when I got it. I didn't shell out for the correct ones. I just bought some heavy duty ones from the hardware store for like $5 each or something. They have flat mounting plates and attach with 4 screws.

Just do that. Nobody pops out pop-in casters anyway.

• Members

Came here to say that. With my old Randall cab I removed the old sockets (it came with the sockets but no wheels), got 4 flat plate wheels at Home Depot for $5 each and installed them. Worked really well.

Archived