NPD!!!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Got a Hush pedal today. I didn't really need a gate but it was only $25 (used from HCAF :lol: ) and it was hard to pass on it. I have all my gear already packed up for band practice tonight but I'm taking the pedal with me for sure. What should I expect? Is it a good gate?

• Members

Got a Hush pedal today. I didn't really need a gate but it was only $25 (used from HCAF
:lol:
) and it was hard to pass on it. I have all my gear already packed up for band practice tonight but I'm taking the pedal with me for sure. What should I expect? Is it a good gate?

Is it the blue one with a single knob?

It does its job. It squishes the clean tone a fair bit when you crank it, but it does cut down on noise and what-not.

At that price can't be beat.

• Members

Got a Hush pedal today. I didn't really need a gate but it was only $25 (used from HCAF
) and it was hard to pass on it. I have all my gear already packed up for band practice tonight but I'm taking the pedal with me for sure. What should I expect? Is it a good gate?

Is that thing made by Laney bruh?

in B4 "doesn'tmatchsoitsforsale"

• Members

Hush is great if you learn how to use it. Its not a gate but frequency dependant. A sort of auto-variable low pass filter. If you use a lot of pedals it will clean up a lot of hiss BUT setting the level is tricky. The blue pedal works better in the loop IMO. Find your lowest gain setting with amp and pedals that you will use and then adjust the Hush. The higher gain stuff is hardly effected if set correctly. Its not a djent gate but will make your rig sound more professional.

• Members

ok so I just tried it at practice in front of the amp and it did pretty much nothing. :lol: Oh it sucked tone so it did do something. :facepalm: I will try through the loop next week although I'm not crazy about having a gate through the loop because I play a single channel amp and use my volume to clean up the tone so having a gate there will probably affect that.

I will probably just end up selling it lol

• Members

ok so I just tried it at practice in front of the amp and it did pretty much nothing.
Oh it sucked tone so it did do something.
:facepalm:
I will try through the loop next week although I'm not crazy about having a gate through the loop because I play a single channel amp and use my volume to clean up the tone so having a gate there will probably affect that.

I will probably just end up selling it lol

Really if you want a noise suppressor, a Decimator is the ONLY way to go. Everything else is just a waste of money.

• Members

Really if you want a noise suppressor, a Decimator is the ONLY way to go. Everything else is just a waste of money.

Truth. Keep it at a reasonable level... Get the g-string or turn it off during long clean passages, because if set too high it can cut sustain short, howeverit its the most transparent IMO.

• Members

Truth. Keep it at a reasonable level... Get the g-string or turn it off during long clean passages, because if set too high it can cut sustain short, howeverit its the most transparent IMO.

Agree.

G String is good but the standard unit in front works fine for what Billy is wanting.

Get an ISP Billy, best gate out there.

Personally I turn mine off for cleans but when running in front if properly dialed in you probably wont have to.

Archived