GHS Soapbars. Anyone played theese?

Crunchtime

• Members

I just made a trade that involves me receiving a Strat loaded with three GHS soapbars. Well, Strat neck and MM body. I've never owned or played a P90. What can I expect? Hot and greasy blues?

Here is the guitar in question-

GT035.jpg

GT030.jpg

• Members

I don't care where they are made. I love mine. They are noisy, so you might want to insulate the {censored} out of the pickguard and cavity if it has not been done. It makes a huge difference. They are great for Blues,Rock, and they sound great clean also.

• Members

I bought a blem GFS semi hollow "lp" style with P90s. The neck pickup was powerful and bassy. The bridge pickup was weak and super bright. I put one of their soapbar 180 humbuckers in the bridge which solved the problem, but now that I think about it, I should have just switched positions and checked that out.

• Members

*watches everyone buy chinese pickups*

*waits a while*

*Watches everyone bitch about how American pickup manufacturers are getting hard to find*

lol

EDIT: I should add that since I only own 3 or 4 guitars I just spring for Suhr or BKP pups. I know I Know... BKP are made in the UK... ;)

• Members

It's the same business model.

Cheap Chinese crap that undercuts US businesses that pay a living wage.

Whatever. I own 12 US guitars and 4 US amps. I do my part and don't have to justify anything to anyone. I made a trade with an American on some used gear. It's between me and the other American. This will be my only import piece but also my first p-90 guitar and is an experiment. But whatever, until your willing to let me tour your house and determine how much of a true patriot you are, {censored} You.

• Members

Whatever. I own 12 US guitars and 4 US amps. I do my part and don't have to justify anything to anyone. I made a trade with an American on some used gear. It's between me and the other American. This will be my only import piece but also my first p-90 guitar and is an experiment. But whatever, until your willing to let me tour your house and determine how much of a true patriot you are, {censored} You.

Dang man... calm down...

• Members

*watches everyone buy chinese pickups*

*waits a while*

*Watches everyone bitch about how American pickup manufacturers are getting hard to find*

lol

EDIT: I should add that since I only own 3 or 4 guitars I just spring for Suhr or BKP pups. I know I Know... BKP are made in the UK...
;)

Would you just get your political bull{censored} out of gear threads? Thanks.

• Members

youre all just proliferating the man's agenda, you sheeple.

i only buy pickups wound in local co-ops with free range chickens plucking the plastic for the bobbins from the ground, and {censored}ting out perfect lengths of wire wrap. and only Amish magnets. ONLY.

• Members

Dang man... calm down...

Sorry, but I was drunk and felt my loyalty to my country was being questioned and that's serious business to me. I have an honorable discharge from time in the US Navy and US Army. I don't {censored} around. I literally drive my Chevy truck home past amber waves of grain to jam a Carvin through a Mako.

• Members

Sorry, but I was drunk and felt my loyalty to my country was being questioned and that's serious business to me. I have an honorable discharge from time in the US Navy and US Army. I don't {censored} around. I literally drive my Chevy truck home past amber waves of grain to jam a Carvin through a Mako.

Don't apologize, the dude came in to your thread being a complete douchebag :idk:

• Members

Yes... I too am a Vet and feel it's important to support my fellow American business. I try to support the small builders and buy hand wound pups from guys like Bryan at BG pups or Curtis Novak, or any number of other really good winders.

A buddy has a couple of guitars with the GFS pups. Crunchy pats and some strat pickups. Neither are really all that. I'd say they're on par with the pickups that come in the PRS SE guitars or the nicer Epiphone stuff. Not bad by any stretch, and totally worth the money but nothing great.

To me a P-90 is one of those pickups that must be done right or they sound like ass. I'd rather just pay to get a lollar or something I know is gonna sound good. I'm weird that way.

I sincerely apologize for interjecting geopolitics into your thread.

Archived