Re: Ricky Bobby, Guitarbilly74, Loop Quantum, glenecho (clips content)

Nick H

• Members

So I got a request to make clips of my Madison Divinity II and here they are, however you will find that they sound like ass because the only means of recording I currently have is the built-in mic on an ipad.

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?section=user&value=NickH

I used two different guitars in the clips (emg 81/85 & SD jb/jazz). The playing is just me riffing around and its somewhat dissorganized (and excuse my playing). If you want to get a sense for how the amp actually sounds, listen to the clean clip at the end, you'll notice it sounds distorted, thats all due to the ipad mic.

If you want a properly done demo of the amp, I am posting one here:

[video=youtube;qDr_lOtBTv4]

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man the Divinity's were good amps IMHO. I used to talk to Andy every now and again. He and Ron at Madison were always cool to me. We had a players endorsement from them and I got both my 4x12's for a great price. They were built extremely well. No issues there. When I saw The Absence in Indianapolis, Pat's guitar tone to me sounded better than Pete's Mako (I think he was using the Dorado).
Also borrowed a Divinity from HCAF'er nwright for a festival show and it sounded bad ass.

• Members

Props for putting up a clip, not bad at all imo I had way worse gear at 16 lol back in the day.

If you could go back in time and post this during the height of the Madison amps era/popularity on HCAF before "ducktape gate" occurred you would get alot of interesting responses imo. :lol:

• Members
Props for putting up a clip, not bad at all imo I had way worse gear at 16 lol back in the day.

If you could go back in time and post this during the height of the Madison amps era/popularity on HCAF before "ducktape gate" occurred you would get alot of responses imo.
:lol:

I just dont get all the hate for these amps. I have had one for a year and another one for nearly 6 months and have never had a problem with either, and I think they sound great. Im pretty sure all the "duct tape mod" and "catching on fire" stuff is all bull{censored}. They do get hot tho, but not nearly hot enough to catch on fire.

• Members

I just dont get all the hate for these amps. I have had one for a year and another one for nearly 6 months and have never had a problem with either, and I think they sound great. Im pretty sure all the "duct tape mod" and "catching on fire" stuff is all bull{censored}. They do get hot tho, but not nearly hot enough to catch on fire.

The duct tape fiasco was real, JerryP had pics I remember when the whole thing went down it was hilarious imo. Plus there was a Madison shill that got exposed around the same time frame can't remember his name but it was pretty funny to witness at the time lol.

• Members

Man the Divinity's were good amps IMHO. I used to talk to Andy every now and again. He and Ron at Madison were always cool to me. We had a players endorsement from them and I got both my 4x12's for a great price. They were built extremely well. No issues there. When I saw The Absence in Indianapolis, Pat's guitar tone to me sounded better than Pete's Mako (I think he was using the Dorado).

Also borrowed a Divinity from HCAF'er nwright for a festival show and it sounded bad ass.

Pete dials his stuff weird, though...focuses on lead tones rather than rhythm tones. He had weird tone with his PT100 as well, and I KNOW that amp sounds better than he had it dialed haha.

• Members

I'm just messing with you man. That's some good playing for 16 years old, and the tone is somewhat recto-ish. Try bringing the extreme eq'ing back a bit, and drop the gain so it's more clear and less fizz. Overall, not bad at all.

Im telling you, its from the ipad, listen to the clean clip at the end, that was totally clean through the amp, but it sounds fizzy in the recording. and btw I had the gain control on both channels at less than half.

Archived