So fill me in on Alterbridge?? They any good?

grwhitefan

• Members

I like 'em. Miles' voice is kinda weaker at the top end, but they're smart enough to multi-track it on the albums so it sounds pretty good. IMO Blackbird is better than the other two albums by quite a bit :idk:

Always liked Tremonti as a player too, but IMO Miles guitar playing/solos are moar tasty :love:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the morning, he will wake up with a pair of leather pants, and a crucifix-wrapped-in-barbwire tattoo. He will be unable to shave his goatee, and will occasionally break out in piercings. There is no cure for this, only pain management and community support. We start back with Alice In Chains, and use music-therapy to slowly minimize Kanji and the spontaneous oily discharge resulting in gelled spikes. Dreadlocks may occur, but with dry-ice and laser treatments, we can kill 99% of them within a two-week period.

The poor, poor bastard...

:lol:

• Members

Seriously if your too busy to go watch Youtube videos you are obviously way too busy to listen to the {censored}ing music anyway... so what does it even matter if they are good or not?

....the {censored} is wrong wit choo?

• Members

STFU n00bs

Some people don't have the time to check out a band's entire catalogue. Some bands have singles that suck while the rest of their stuff is solid, or maybe have a bad album every now and then, so checking out a couple of songs isn't a good way to see if they have potential. Besides, this is a discussion board on a music-related website, so that's what we do sometimes...discuss musical {censored}.

Alter Bridge sucks though :o

• Members

Bring the hate, but this is a kickass tune bitches, but {censored} go listen for yourself!!
:idea:

:thu:

I really dig Alterbridge.

Blackbird is my Fave Alterbridge tune, in fact i'd go as far to say it's my Fave tune ever!!!!!

Off topic, If i ever was going to buy a sig guitar it would be a Tremonti PRS.

• Members

didn't read thread.

Here's what you need to know about Alter Bridge:

Did you like creed but wished they had a different singer?

Did you want that singer to have a powerful, yet annoying voice?

If you answered yes to those questions you probably will like Alter Bridge.

I am not a fan of the singer's voice so I don't really care much for them.

This is very similar to how I feel.

• Members

I tend to like AB's studio albums more than their live stuff....Myles' voice tends to get a bit on the whiny side and Tremonti is basically doing A2M with his wah all concert long (ruined Live at Wembley for me)

ABIII is a ridiculously good album, as is Blackbird

Yeah even as a fan, both of those things are kinda :rolleyes: at times... :lol:

Mrak doing meedly meedly maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah does get on my nerves a tad.

• Members

Yeah yeah, I guess I can just watch some videos on YouTube.....too busy for that these days. Good band? Bad? Modern rock??

I know some people like Myles Kennedy.....some hate his voice. I think he's awesome on the new Slash cd.

Just don't know if Alterbridge is a band that'd appeal to me. I ran across on of their concerts on Blu-Ray....was just wondering about the band.

You're too busy to listen or watch their vids?

:lol:

Srsly,..take 3 {censored}ing minutes to listen to one of their songs. Holy {censored} :lol::facepalm:

• Members

I like 'em. Miles' voice is kinda weaker at the top end, but they're smart enough to multi-track it on the albums so it sounds pretty good. IMO Blackbird is better than the other two albums by quite a bit
:idk:

Always liked Tremonti as a player too, but IMO Miles guitar playing/solos are moar tasty
:love:

I don't know exactly what you mean by Miles voice being "weaker at the top end" -- dood can sing his ass off. This is just what I've heard,...I not a fan of Alter Bridge necessarily. I've just heard them live and heard Miles sing with Slash's version of GnR and he's damn good. It's not exactly what I like "tone-wise" but he can hit the all the notes.

Archived