NGD!!!! Been looking for this guitar for a long time

guitarbilly74

• Members

Nice. I love my SG and those look bad-ass. I wonder how they did the neck joint, since it isn't visible on the top, which is why they have that little pick-guard above the neck pickup in the first place on most SGs. I'd leave the PG off. If that's an ebony board, you have come out well, indeed.

• Members

Nice. I love my SG and those look bad-ass. I wonder how they did the neck joint, since it isn't visible on the top, which is why they have that little pick-guard above the neck pickup in the first place on most SGs. I'd leave the PG off. If that's an ebony board, you have come out well, indeed.

I think the one in the pic is ebony, but mine is rosewood for sure.

• Members
Yeah, Id do no pickguard, but mirror if you ARE going to do one. Id even probably change the hardward to black and put an EMG in it, so it looks like my soul
:lol:

What kind of tone and noise difference do you get from wax potted v. epoxy pups?

yeah black hardware is definitely a good idea...

I have no idea what the difference between wax and epoxy is lol

• Members

81X-%2085X-%2060X_Chrome.jpg

I am considering the chrome EMG, but I did not like the X series when I tried it. I would probably go with a chrome 81 TW so I can still use the coil tap switch that's already in the guitar.

The stock 500T is a GREAT pickup though, I am really liking it and I was surprised with how good the split tone is. So I may just keep it there, no sense in fixing what's not broken.

• Members
Yeah, those melody makers suck..

No pickguard with chrome pickup looks great too..

If you do get the Iommi, I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.. One of few pickups I've never tried but definitely wanted to check out.. Seems like it should be unique sounding from its description.. It has a ceramic and alnico 2 magnet, and potted in epoxy like EMG and bill Lawrence pickups..

I love that pickup in SG's. Something about it is just sweet. Very dynamic, I think :lol:

We recorded a lot of our album leads with it. I want to try one in my Toronado but it seems like an odd combo

• Members

Your grammatical error, that's what.

Billy, I agree with the 500T. I have one in my V and it's excellent. It's too bad Gibson pickups don't come standard with 4-wire configs.

Yeah, this is a 4-wire 500T since the guitar came with a split switch, so that's really cool. The split tone is really awesome, it sucks that most 500Ts can't do it, because it's an amazing clean tone.

Archived