Most under-rated thrash band?

Crunchtime

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Infernal majesty

Well at least that one album which is, for some reason, avoiding my memory.. In fact we are gonna cover Overlord.. That album is really good and while its still very much thrash, it had a very evil sound that definitely had to influence death metal..

I also throw Destruction and Devastation into the ring of great underrated thrash bands.. Both those bands definitely influenced my playing

• Members

I'll throw in another "D" band..

Demolition Hammer.. They killed it.. I'm too lazy to look up YouTube vids for these bands, but trust me they rule.. And if you haven't heard of them, then that proves how unappreciated they are! Lol

• Members

Well at least that one album which is, for some reason, avoiding my memory.. In fact we are gonna cover Overlord.. That album is really good and while its still very much thrash, it had a very evil sound that definitely had to influence death metal..

I also throw Destruction and Devastation into the ring of great underrated thrash bands.. Both those bands definitely influenced my playing

ahhhhh...a man after my own heart:

[video=youtube;fidUj02Srgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidUj02Srgc

[video=youtube;x-tEofTWYOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-tEofTWYOg

• Members

Thank you for posting vids!

And what's more fun than singing along to Schmier's pronunciation on some songs! Although I think I misspelled his name.. AnywaY, I know not many will agree and I don't think it quite gets there, but Release From Agony was released in 87, and while Reign in blood is one of the greatest albums ever and was released in 86, Master of Puppets was also released in 86. My point? I think at that time I would say Release from Agony would have been huge if they were an American band, cause I think its damn close to being on par with both those releases..

• Members

Demolition Hammer.. They killed it.. I'm too lazy to look up YouTube vids for these bands, but trust me they rule.. And if you haven't heard of them, then that proves how unappreciated they are! Lol

Infectious Hospital Waste is awesome.

• Members

Look up about 5 posts for some Dem Ham.

• Members

OK, as a BAND they don't qualify cuz of their later stuff, but Sacred Reich's first album "Ignorance" is one of if not my all time fav thrash album, I can't tell you how many thousands of hours I spent listening to that casette back in the day LOL...Surf Nicaragua the SONG was great thrash, but not the rest of the EP, and The American Way and Independent definitely were not...

[video=youtube;9MsiHRPiXCI]

[video=youtube;iloq3pQiv4g]

[video=youtube;lrk76m4JRTQ]

[video=youtube;h3dPaptdOcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3dPaptdOcA

[video=youtube;WRGNQQ47CC0]

[video=youtube;rscrbyvrG5Y]

[video=youtube;WY7U6Mz0BGU]

[video=youtube;W_oxdhFk6AE]

[video=youtube;RWs6ojFX5i0]

[video=youtube;Rp6HF7mxTlo]

• Members

Until they're recognized where they should be as being AT LEAST as the same level as the "Big 4", Exodus and Testament will always share that crown.

THHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS!

I'll add one more that I wore the {censored} out of with two cassettes and two CDs worth

Cyclone Temple. Their "I Hate Therefore I Am" album has some badass guitar work.

Archived