Anyone use the Tech 21 trademark 300?

emtoth

• Members

I have a guy who wants to trade my Ultra 212 for the trademark 300 head. I have absolutely no experience with Tech 21 but have read good things.

Any opinions or experience with the 300 watt beast?

• Members

This is my first foray with Tech 21. It seems very well built!

My last experiences with ss didnt go so well.

I have used alot of dif new digital modeling amps- this one is a whole different beast.

The others (vypyr,spydyr) were toys compared to this.

I cant wait to crank this bad boy up and see how loud it is.

• Members

Like usual, the flagship model isn't the top seller and the real $$$ is made with budget products. Given what is "budget" in Tech 21 scale I don't even want to think what a TM300 costed, and it probably had a lot of tempting competitors in that price range.

• Members

Take this from a guy that has extensive experience with all things Tech 21. I (and many others) did not like that amplifier. I don't know what it is, but it never sounded as good as their other offerings, like the Trademark 60 for example, (which they still make, btw).

The idea looked great, on paper, but it just didn't sound that good for whatever reason. Try it out extensively before you buy it.

• Members

Take this from a guy that has extensive experience with all things Tech 21. I (and many others) did not like that amplifier. I don't know what it is, but it never sounded as good as their other offerings, like the Trademark 60 for example, (which they still make, btw).

The idea looked great, on paper, but it just didn't sound that good for whatever reason. Try it out extensively before you buy it.

+1. The TM60 is a great sounding amp. The TM300 sounded muffled and dull in a band setting. Something did not work quite right in that design.

• Members

I have it hooked up to the 410 speaks in my Ultra.

I am digging it so far.

I wanted a small powerfull amp to have as a backup incase something happens to my Ultra at a show.

It really seems to fit the bill- I took it out of the head shell.

It is small- powerfull- direct out if needed - the footswitch is awesome- it sounds great so far!

I am practicing with the band soon- so I will try it out in the band situation.

I got it really cheap. It is in perfect shape (with new tubes, and from a smoke free studio)!

It didnt sound muffled last night - i will need to spend more time with it.

I also wasn't side by side comparing it to the smaller and different Trademarks.

Ever since Craigslist I have been able to try out alot of amps!! Trading!

It is damn cool. For the time being - I am going to give this beast a try.

jk about the tubes and studio

• Members

I was looking at it as my back up emergency jam.

For the price of a good pedal - I got this.

Works- for now.

I seem to change out backup amps alot! Ha.

Its my way of really trying everything I can - and still have my main gigging amp.

• Members

I owned one for about a year, and it was never as good sounding as the Trademark 10/30. Wish they're kept that voicing and just paired it with a bigger power section.

• Members

I have a TM300, bought it NIB years ago. I never understood the complaints as it sounds awesome, just pay attention to the active EQ.

The Cali mode sounds great, compares well to my Mesa. Does it sound exacxtly like the Mesa? No. Can it do crushing tones? Sure can and does well. I marvel at how it does a great job giving the Recto vibe.

The Brit mode sounds great too, easily has Brit sounding as my Laney VH100. Some complained that the Brit mode was too thin, but honestly (and this will hurt some) it was because they were EQ-ing and active EQ with their eyes and not their ears.

It takes pedals well too.

There is the 2x12 brother available close by to me and I seriously want that combo!

Derek

Archived