Show me your Edwards guitars. About to pull the pin on a Goldtop P90.

lenster

• Members

So I'm about to do something i thought I'd never do, Sell my Charvel.

Reasond for this are i've just scored a gig in a Keith Urban Tribute show here in OZ and want a LP Goldtop.

Knowing i can't afford the real deal, i've been offered a deal on an Edwards LP Gold top with P90's.

Give me some inspiration to do the deal.

:)

• Members

Yeah cool.

Gonna sell my Charvel SoCal , not keen as its probably my go to guitar, but I'm after a different tone to go with my Strat and Tele.

For this project HB's are not needed.

Edwards 56 LP92 Gold top is the model i'm looking at.

• Members

{censored} you for having something I want so badly

Yes ... {censored} Me indeed good sir! I am having Ron at Mammoth build me a LPC tribute in my brothers honor but honestly, for the price I would go Edwards over Gibson all {censored}ing day.

• Members

I know imma get roasted here but I brought my Edwards to GC after I got it and played it against my dream white Gibby LPC fully expecting it to have me leaving saying "well the Edwards will never compare to fit finish and feel" but honestly there was not a $2k difference in playability or feel at all. After owning the Edwards I can say in full honesty i would not pay used prices on a LPC.

• Members

I know imma get roasted here but I brought my Edwards to GC after I got it and played it against my dream white Gibby LPC fully expecting it to have me leaving saying "well the Edwards will never compare to fit finish and feel" but honestly there was not a $2k difference in playability or feel at all. After owning the Edwards I can say in full honesty i would not pay used prices on a LPC.

I played a couple of Gibbys at a local store here and a couple of things i noticed were

A: LP Standard the binding that goes oiver the frets was poorly finished , the two E strings would catch on this binding .

B: Didn't feel like a $3k guitar ro me, played a $1200 Schecter Solo 6 Custom and to be honest the Schecter actually (IMHO) felt and played better.

C: these are obviously subjective quotes, I'm sure with a good fret dress and setup the $3k LP would be great.

I'm not bagging on Gibson as i'd love to be able to afford a good one but it does seem to me that all the bad QC issues are definately there.

Maybe i should keep the Charvel and sell off the Eleven Rack to fund it?????

• Members

Keep the Charvel. A good guitar is a good guitar. You may have to run into 10 other Charvels to find one that meshes with you.

Also, you sound like you are trying to pick up a guitar to fit an image of the band you are about to play in. This is logical to me, but, ditching a perfectly good and cool guitar like a Charvel for a gig is a decision you will regret.

That said, I want an Edwards bad!

• Members

Keep the Charvel. A good guitar is a good guitar. You may have to run into 10 other Charvels to find one that meshes with you.

Also, you sound like you are trying to pick up a guitar to fit an image of the band you are about to play in. This is logical to me, but, ditching a perfectly good and cool guitar like a Charvel for a gig is a decision you will regret.

That said, I want an Edwards bad!

Half of what your saying is true, I have the strat and tele which fit into this project , so i'm trying to add the Goldtop to it.

That said i love the sound of P90's in general, loved my LP Jr but sold it as i missed not having a neck pup to switch to.

P90's have a great sound that i really enjoy.

• Members

Half of what your saying is true, I have the strat and tele which fit into this project , so i'm trying to add the Goldtop to it.

That said i love the sound of P90's in general, loved my LP Jr but sold it as i missed not having a neck pup to switch to.

P90's have a great sound that i really enjoy.

Ahh, should have read your sig. DOH!

Still, keep the Charvel. I do think that a P90 LP would be a great guitar for Keith Urban. Good luck on the hunt.

Pick up a Bad Cat while you are at it!

Archived