Fender MustangIII copy tone of my SLO...

riffy

• Members

Fender MustangIII copy tone of my SLO...

There is a Kemper profiler tone up of this track as well... I just re-amped the original playing tracks through the MustangIII and this is what came out... I think they are pretty much identical...

This is just my opinion though! Your ears may differ... It to me though, proves that you can get GREAT(IMHO) tones with just about ANY modeling gear today if you only halfway know what you are doing.. In my case,(halfway knowing) fits perfectly!

http://soundcloud.com/riffy1/fener-mustang-slo-copy-lead

• Members

Real slo on right channel ,model on left or something would be neat.

I will have to do that when no one is home... the SLO is ONE LOUD BEAST... What do you all think of this tone on it's own merit?

G

• Members

So you got the DI tracks, just the clean guitar no amp modelling etc and fed them to the input of the mustang III? What model did you use there as it doesn't have a soldano style one?

And where are the kemper ones? If you mean the one down right in the soundcloud page it sounds gutsier but pretty much the same...

• Members

So you got the DI tracks, just the clean guitar no amp modelling etc and fed them to the input of the mustang III? What model did you use there as it doesn't have a soldano style one?

It doesn't have "SLO", but you could certainly make a close one with existing parameters.

I will be making some demo clips very soon.....it really is a great amp for it's class.

• Members

Playing is the {censored}, Im not sure of the tone though. It sounds like a good tone, but not quite like the real thing. Almost like a nice amp through cheap speakers. It could be just me tho.

Two out of three ain't bad!

riffy's point is that the Fender Mustang III is a "modeller". And even knowing what it is...you think it sounds...pretty good. :)

Riffy's playing IS good! And keep in mind the amp costs almost as much as a good speaker. And...it's a dreaded "modeller". AND it's "re-amped".

I am not sure what you mean by "not quite the real thing"...but maybe you'd need to play it yourself to prove to yourself that is indeed a "real" amp. Remember..if it "sounds" like good tone"... it really is. Download "Gary Blues"....turn down the reverb, and see this amp react like any of the best amp rigs. Clip coming I promise!

Archived