Am I the only one who likes higher action?

imgooley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Werd. I just can't solo on those tighter strings, so I have to make that compromise.

Lol, I think this every time Drak posts his gauges!
:lol:

:lol: I don't think that's that bad. Maybe I'm used to SSO..where those guys have 60,70+ gauges. I tried to get as thick as possible without that round bass string tone. 60 was too much, 52 wasn't enough..58 was right before it stops being guitar and starts being bass strings..so I stopped there

• Members

As low as I can go with no buzz using .010-.052 gauge strings. I'd rather go with higher gauge and lower action than vice versa.

I don't think I could get a .058 through the post of my tuners on my main guitar ... or through the nut slot without some serious filing - .052 barely fits.

• Members

Yep, the OP is the only one who likes high action.. I mean, why would anyone use higher action?

I do like it fairly high cause i physically play hard and it's kinda required for me, but still, the OP is the only one.. Seriously

• Members

As low as I can go with no buzz using .010-.052 gauge strings. I'd rather go with higher gauge and lower action than vice versa.

I don't think I could get a .058 through the post of my tuners on my main guitar ... or through the nut slot without some serious filing - .052 barely fits.

What do you have? Mine went through just fine. It's actually a 7 string 11-58 set I kick the last string off to make it start at 14..but it fits on my 6 string just fine. That being said..my guitar is a BC Rich..so maybe they knew thick strings would probably be thrown on and they planned accordingly.

• Members

What do you have? Mine went through just fine. It's actually a
7 string 11-58 set I kick the last string off to make it start at 14.
.but it fits on my 6 string just fine. That being said..my guitar is a BC Rich..so maybe they knew thick strings would probably be thrown on and they planned accordingly.

for realz

sr506.jpg

:lol:

• Members
some excellent players use higher action, Eklundh jokingly says you should be able to "fit your
between the board and strings" which is pretty high...

Hmmm, that would leave me with an extraordinarily high action. Certainly higher than most other players.

;)

Archived