my Bad Horsie died today...

guitarbilly74

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is intriguing me. I may have to try messing with my Bad Horsie or Tremonti.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. No soldering required, just a needlenose plier to move the LEDs around.

I got a great deal on a NSW a few months ago but the sweep was lacking and it turned off at too early of a cockback point. Annoying, but tolerable since I bought it as a backup to my BH2. But then it started cutting out completely during normal use. Between reading their tech tips and exchanging emails with Scott at Morley, I took care of all three problems in about an hour. Now it sounds as good as my BH2 in the non-contour setting.

• Members

This reminds me, I need to go inside of my BH2 and change the time delay of when it shuts off when you remove your foot. I didn't even know about that until about a month ago, from this place.

I have mine set to zero. I never understood why someone would want the effect to continue after you step off the treadle. :idk:

• Members

I guess so when you go heel down for the bass end of the sweep, it doesn't shut off right away?
:idk:

But yeah I agree.

Yeah, that's why.

I just got around to opening my Bad Horsie up and setting the turn off delay to zero after meaning to for a while and I can say that for me the 1 millisecond or so of effect dropping out when you accidentally bring your foot too high is way less annoying than the half second or so of unwanted cocked wah tone every time you finish using it.

Decided not to mess with the LEDs since I'm very happy with the stock tone and didn't want to {censored} it up, but it's cool to know that's an option.

• Members

Yeah, that's why.

I just got around to opening my Bad Horsie up and setting the turn off delay to zero after meaning to for a while and I can say that for me the 1 millisecond or so of effect dropping out when you accidentally bring your foot too high is way less annoying than the half second or so of unwanted cocked wah tone every time you finish using it.

Maybe instead of turning it completely off, you could have it stay on a millisecond by having it at like .5 out of ten. Then it wouldn't drop out as long as you don't park it with the heel down, and wouldn't be too noticeable when you take your foot off. :idk:

• Members

Maybe instead of turning it completely off, you could have it stay on a millisecond by having it at like .5 out of ten. Then it wouldn't drop out as long as you don't park it with the heel down, and wouldn't be too noticeable when you take your foot off.

I was going to do that when I started out, but I decided to turn it all the way to 0 for a baseline and the cutout is so brief at the top that I can't even hear it so I just left it that way :idk: I think I tend to go more for the middle and high end of the sweep so it works well for me. SOmeone who works the low end a lot would probably want more delay.

• Members

I was going to do that when I started out, but I decided to turn it all the way to 0 for a baseline and the cutout is so brief at the top that I can't even hear it so I just left it that way
I think I tend to go more for the middle and high end of the sweep so it works well for me. SOmeone who works the low end a lot would probably want more delay.

Yeah... pretty much depends on what you need the wah to do.

• Members

Maybe instead of turning it completely off, you could have it stay on a millisecond by having it at like .5 out of ten. Then it wouldn't drop out as long as you don't park it with the heel down, and wouldn't be too noticeable when you take your foot off.

that's exactly right. It's hard to get the low range of the BH if you set it to turn off too fast. The lower point and the off point get too closer to each other. I think the factory setting is perfect.

Archived