OT: Good deal on Adobe CS6

Miter Gauge

• Members

I know there are a lot of designers and creative types on here so I thought I'd mention that Adobe has a pretty good deal going right now for CS6.

it is a monthy service of $30/mo for a year for anyone with a CS(x), FCP, Sony Vegas, AVID or autodesk video product.

You get a creative cloud membership and Production Premium (a $2,500 program)

I have CS6 at work and I've purchased a membership for CS6 for home.

Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere have great upgrades but Premiere's absolutely kicks ass.

The timeline has adjustment layers (far less nesting)

You can trim in Premiere, AVID or FCP mode

You can set up your keyboard short cuts to use the default, AVID or FCP emulation

You can instantly step in and out of the timeline into an after effects sequences (VERY similar to how AVID DS works) to edit your effects

it has MUCH faster rendering

I've been doing this work for a long time and have used virtually every platform and software title there is and I'm blown away by CS6.

• Members

Adobe is right up there in the douchiest company category with Apple. Flash? Per-month licensing? New version every year you have to pay hundreds or thousands for? no thanks.

Maybe if I was making money off of the content I create I would think about it. Not sure how many people really use all of those on a regular basis outside of legit production companies.

• Members

Adobe is right up there in the douchiest company category with Apple. Flash? Per-month licensing? New version every year you have to pay hundreds or thousands for? no thanks.

Maybe if I was making money off of the content I create I would think about it. Not sure how many people really use all of those on a regular basis outside of legit production companies.

I use them all day Er'y day.

• Members

Well the Creative Suite is mainly for professional use. People like myself see the value in their products. The rest of the people can use MS Paint.

• Members

I don't think the Adobe Suite of products are meant for the consumer market - I use these software titles for work only. I'd never do this {censored} for a hobby.

• Members

Yeah, I guess they have other, dumbed down products targeted more into the consumer market like Photoshop elements, Lightroom, etc.

I really don't like their subscription model though, and flash ruined the interent.

The subscription model isn't their only option, you can still buy the products outright.

Adobe didn't create Flash, it purchased it in 2005, even still, I'm not sure flash will be around a whole lot longer anyway so you should get your internet back.

• Members

I use Premiere, AE, PS, and IL quite a bit. Was on CS4, but switched to CS6. It was an expensive upgrade but not bad since I have an educational product.

Withe todays video renders it was so much nicer using 64 bit and 12Gb ram. Before that my same system spec with CS4 took almost 40 hrs to render 1 hr of HD video. Now it's about 6-8 hrs doing 2 passes from media encoder.

The Cloud version seemed like a really cool option. I'd have gone that route if I had not just needed Creative Suite. Still, a great deal. Seems you need a hard drive by itself to store all the Adobe software in the master collection.

Archived