Thats it, I'm done caring about politics...

kooter82

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said many. If you look at voting records Kucinich was one of the few real liberals. Even Pelosi talks a good game being from San Fran but she doesn't usually vote that way.

I like that you think people who lean left are "nuts" though. Gives me valuable insight into how you think.

He's like the echoes of amps forum.

• Members

Sometimes people just gotta stop relying on the big evil corporations to support them (that they talk so badly about) and start exploring self-employment.

But it's not a level playing ground. They get subsidies, tax breaks, free land, green tax breaks, lobbied monopolies and crony corporatism.

You have small farmers busting their humps when megacorp next door get paid to keep their fields empty.

The little guy has to pay to play, the large corps pay to cheat (lobby). A lot of them pay more in bonuses to their CEO than they pay in taxes.

Only when everyone pays the same, and there are zero tax holes/breaks will main street return. Until then, walmart etc will dominate.

• Members

But if you think Pelosi is a centrist, then you must be to the left of
Benito Mussolini

I must be missing the sarcasm somewhere... Il Duce was a fascist. Being to the left of him is pretty damn easy, considering he just about defines the furthest you can get on the right wing.

• Members

but championed by republicans.

What difference does it make?

Who cares what anyone says...when you write the check.....if you have to share at least a little blame...if not most/all.

A simple "we don't have the money for that"...and bam...no "war"!

I'm actually a little surprised that we just didn't nuke the whole place back then. (I know I know....Republicans and there thirst for blood...except I'm not Republican. )

• Members

What difference does it make?

Who cares what anyone says...when you write the check.....if you have to share at least a little blame...if not most/all.

A simple "we don't have the money for that"...and bam...no "war"!

I'm actually a little surprised that we just didn't nuke the whole place back then. (I know I know....Republicans and there thirst for blood...except I'm not Republican. )

You raise a good point about waging war when were broke. However - an argument can be made that defense is a mandate of both the constitution, as well as just common sense to ensure the safety of our country. That said, and what I think your getting at - is a more defined and sensible foreign policy where were not quick to pull the trigger - but if we do - I would think at least a war tax would be wise on several levels. It would ensure we all have some skin in the cause, as well as keeping "fiscal hawks" honest by making sure we dont go into debt just so a segment of the country can have its cake & eat it too.

• Members

I must be missing the sarcasm somewhere... Il Duce was a fascist. Being to the left of him is pretty damn easy, considering he just about defines the furthest you can get on the right wing.

Forget everything you know and have been taught about fascism. It's all wrong. Fascists like Hitler and Il Duce are statists who hate individual liberty. They believed in the government being the god that should be worshiped and should have total control over the people and their actions.

These are not right-wing ideas. These are leftist ideas. FDR, Il Duce, Hitler and Lenin, all men cut from the same statist cloth.

• Members

Forget everything you know and have been taught about fascism. It's all wrong. Fascists like Hitler and Il Duce are statists who hate individual liberty. They beloved in the government being the god that should be worshipped and should have total control over the people and their actions.

These are not right-wing ideas. These are leftist ideas. FDR, Il Duce, Hitler and Lenin, all men cut from the same statist cloth.

^^^ this

while some did indeed tend to have a more right/left slant - the fact is, authoritarianism based on statism (central planning) is ultimately in opposition with personal liberty.

• Members

Does it ever occur to you that your irrational fear of the left causes you to redefine everything that you don't like to being on the left side of the political spectrum?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way. You're not supposed to answer it.

• Members
But it's not a level playing ground. They get subsidies, tax breaks, free land, green tax breaks, lobbied monopolies and crony corporatism.

You have small farmers busting their humps when megacorp next door get paid to keep their fields empty.

The little guy has to pay to play, the large corps pay to cheat (lobby). A lot of them pay more in bonuses to their CEO than they pay in taxes.

Only when everyone pays the same, and there are zero tax holes/breaks will main street return. Until then, walmart etc will dominate.

Fortunately, there's a commission (almost like a "union") for my crop that I'm a part of that keeps things fair, at least in my crop.

I'd hate to be a corn farmer or something like that because there's no way to get on the tit like the mega corps can. They got the subsidies, grants and govt ethanol contracts locked. :evil:

• Members

Does it ever occur to you that your irrational fear of the left causes you to redefine everything that you don't like to being on the left side of the political spectrum?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way. You're not supposed to answer it.

I wont presume to speak for mr marshall, but, I am equally concerned about "right wing cultural extremists" just the same as any left wing extremist. I guess for me the difference is many more of us who tend to lean towards liberty & conservatism are more intellectually honest about the arguments at hand and arent hesitant to call a spade a spade on *our team*.

• Members

I wont presume to speak for mr marshall, but, I am equally concerned about "right wing cultural extremists" just the same as any left wing extremist. I guess for me the difference is many more of us who tend to lean towards liberty & conservatism are more
intellectually honest about the argument
s at hand and arent hesitant to call a spade a spade on *our team*.

:lol:

Good one.

• Members
So, have we gotten to the point in this conversation yet, where we admit we're afraid that the big black man with the huge penis, is going to take liberties and freedoms away, and prey on white women?

I would normally LULZ and still might :o

but go back and actually read this thread -- probably one of the better more informative recent threads with politics around this place, lots of good stuff for the most part imo

:idk:

Archived