Question converting 2x12 combo into a head

SexWithRobots

• Members

from the looks of those two I'm guessing you'd have to turn the 212 chassis upside down. looks like the actually bothered to make 2 different chassis for that instead of just turning the graphics the other side up ala peavey valvekings.

notice the switch and inputs positions:

images_list_18_45_7777_1.jpg

ValveK212-xlarge.jpg

I have the VK100H, bastards didn't even bother turning the switches right-side up!

• Members

You can do what others do with Fender and Marshall combos I've seen. Cut down the cabinet combo down to size you want and remove the bottom board and reattach to the now smaller cab to make it look like a head version. Use an Xacto blade to score the tolex and it comes out much cleaner than just sawing it down. A former guitar mate of mine just used a table saw. Removed the amp chassis, speaker, cab corners first Then he measured and cut the tolex where he wanted the new headshell height.. Cut the cab L side, flipped it over cut the R side, and then removed the lower cabs bottom plate.

I stood there and watched him do this in about 30 minutes. He ended up re tolexing the entire thing because he wanted the cab tolex to match the headshell tolex (going from tweed color to black).

Archived