Yamaha Pacifica 912 clip... Had a try at the first bit of "Run Like Hell"

colejustesen

• Members

So I decided I would try to get some jangly clean tones from my Marshall JCM 900 MkIII and what better than to try it with Pink Floyd's Run Like Hell :thu:

For this I ran my Pacifica 912 directly to the amp, but I had on myMXR 6 band EQ, my Hermida Audio Reverb, and my Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay. My cab is a solid pine, ported 1x12 with a Fane Medusa 150 speaker... Also, I should mention that the pickups in the guitar are the stock custom design Dimarzios... I used only the stacked neck single coil, which is supposed be similar to their HS-2 (at least according to Dimarzio).

Anyway, I thought I would share this little clip with you guys... I am actually surprised at how jangly my amp can get!

Pacifica 912 - Run Like Hell

Cole

• Members

Needs adjusted.

I wasn't trying to copy it the song exactly tone wise... I tried to get the delay somewhat close, but was mostly trying to get some jangly tones out my amp...

Not to mention, this was my Pacifica's christening with me recording it...

Other than needing adjusted, what did you think of the tone (not comparing it to the original)?

Cole

• Members

You're kind of playing a galloping rhythm on the D note. Don't do that. Play it straight eighths and set up the delay so the repeats fall in between your notes to make it sound like 16ths. To do this you need to set the delay to a dotted eighth time relative to the tempo you're playing.

Does that make sense to you?

• Members

Cool. If I have time tomorrow before practice i'll have a play around and see if I can get into the ballpark, I bloody love this song! And it sounds like your amp+cab are awesome, I like the tone.

Thanks a lot! I was impressed with the tone I got from the amp on this... But I had the volume turned down a bit because it was late at night... I will have to turn up the amp volume a bit and try to not make it sound too "effecty"

Cole

• Members

Yeah that guitar needs a setup pretty bad. The playing is pretty timid and the tone sounds too effecty and too low middy for me.

You need to spank that {censored}, haha. Sprang gam style.

I will reintonate my guitar and try your suggestions! Thanks for listening to it and giving me some positive feedback!

Cole

Archived