got my DelayLab today

guitarbilly74

• Members

My bass player has one actually, I tried it with my guitar rig and didn't like it as much as the BH. And the damn pedal is also {censored}ing huge
:lol:

Yeah it's a beast. I think it's better than people give it credit for, but I like most Morleys and Dunlops better.

• Members

I think it has the best features and tones for the price. 30 delay types, including shimmer delay, 30 presets, easy to use and it sounds great. The FlashBack 4 looks cool, but it has less presets, less delay types (no shimmer/ambient delay) and it costs more.

How many presets can you acsess on the Fly? 2 0r 3?

• Members

How many presets can you acsess on the Fly? 2 0r 3?

3 on the fly, but you can also bank up to the other presets. There is no bank down though, which is stupid, but then again, the pedal is already big enough, I wouldn't want them to add an extra switch there and make it even bigger..

3 presets per bank is fine with me though, I only plan to use 3 sounds live: a short, subtle delay that is always on to fatten up the tone, a longer delay for solos and a shimmer delay for cleans. I can tap tempo to sync these 3 delays to whatever I am playing, so these 3 presets will be more than enough. I will use the other banks for some odd, trippy tones.

• Members

3 on the fly, but you can also bank up to the other presets. There is no bank down though, which is stupid, but then again, the pedal is already big enough, I wouldn't want them to add an extra switch there and make it even bigger..

3 presets per bank is fine with me though, I only plan to use 3 sounds live: a short, subtle delay that is always on to fatten up the tone, a longer delay for solos and a shimmer delay for cleans. I can tap tempo to sync these 3 delays to whatever I am playing, so these 3 presets will be more than enough. I will use the other banks for some odd, trippy tones.

This thing really has my interest.

• Members

3 presets per bank is fine with me though, I only plan to use 3 sounds live: a short, subtle delay that is always on to fatten up the tone, a longer delay for solos and a
shimmer delay for cleans
. I can tap tempo to sync these 3 delays to whatever I am playing, so these 3 presets will be more than enough. I will use the other banks for some odd, trippy tones.

Doesn't that make the Chorus useless then? :idk:

Anyways, if I had a DelayLab or similar, that'd probably be the three sounds I'd use most.

• Members

it probably does. I still have to test it with the band, but it seems like I will be able to take the chorus off the board.

Modulated delay is the best {censored}ing thing. I like it quite fast (maybe 4 hz+) and as deep as you can get it without it starting to sound silly. Kinda keeps it from getting cheesy in an 80s way.

Not that there's anything wrong with 30 year old cheese.:lol: It's just probably not the same kind of cheese it says on the label by that point... :cool:

• Members

Great Delay pedal, i'm looking for one myself . I'm leaning towards the TC for various reasons that ambient shimmer is interesting though i'll definatly check out that Vox.

the shimmer delay is the {censored}!!!! Very relaxing!!! :lol:

And check this out... the looper offers 3 option of delay: digital, modulation AND shimmer!!! You can play and overdub loops with the shimmer. I was playing with it last night and my girl said the sound was relaxing the hell out of her!! :lol::love:

Archived