Fuse holder for the GH100L

guitarbilly74

• Members

anyone know where to find one? One of my power tubes went out and took the HT fuse with it. No problem, I replace the tubes and the fuse BUT when I was putting it back the little tab the holds the holder's cap in place broke off :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I just tried Radio Shack and they don't have a replacement cap. Do you know where I can find a cap or how to replace the whole fuse holder?

FML I have band practice tonight :facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

no spec on the fuse holder, really. i'd recommend one that holds a 3AG fuse.

other than the soldering (really easy), the only thing you might need to be able to do is ream the hole out. some OEMs have a flat spot in the hole for the fuse holder. that's fine if the holder fits that, otherwise you'll need to be able to make it round. a dremel, rat tail file, or the proper size drill bit should all be able to do that for you if need be.

• Members

Hey Billy- to get you thru tonights practice, get a short jumper with alligator clips on it and jump one wire to he other.

Or, one clip across both teminals.

When you have more time for the repair, you may check into a pop out circuit breaker to replace the fuse holder and you'll never need another fuse again. Hope this helps...

• Members

if the stock fuse is the little bitty ones instead of the 3AG ones, just get one of those.

really, as long as the fuse you need is readily available, the fuse holder itself isn't critical.

i'd never recommend bypassing a fuse...missing a practice would be better than the potential consequences of that.

• Members

Hey Billy- to get you thru tonights practice, get a short jumper with alligator clips on it and jump one wire to he other.

Or, one clip across both teminals.

When you have more time for the repair, you may check into a pop out circuit breaker to replace the fuse holder and you'll never need another fuse again. Hope this helps...

that sounds interesting!! :lol:

How do I do that?

• Members

Not sure if Radio Shack has them, but probly any electronic outfit or perhaps online(I'll see what I can find). Good chance that the replacement will fit into fuse holder hole ( and you can always make the hole bigger).

Also I would not normally "recomend" playing w/o a fuse, but it sounds like you solved the original problem- then the fuse issue. Also, if using only one clip of the jumper, be SURE to tape the other end so it does not touch anything

• Members

look at this

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/aircraft/installation-supplies/circuit-breakers/pb-w58.html

Awesome man!! Bought the cap at the first link and I will go to Fry's to see if I can find a circuit breaker or a holder with a screw on cap :) band practice is at 9 so hopefully I will be up and running before that.

One more question: Do I have to drain the caps before switching the holder?

• Members

well I bought a fuse holder with the screw on cap and replaced it. and......IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Amp is working perfectly and I still have about an hour til band practice :thu:

also took the opportunity to check the bias. And it's perfect, right at 40mA per tube for the EL34s.

Zakk and John - thanks a lot!!!!!! You guys {censored}ing rock!!! :love:

• Members

a
real
man would fix it with just this

duct-tape.jpg

hahahaha dude, I tried it, no {censored}. :lol: But the little spring on the bottom of the holder still kept pushing the fuse out and moving the tape. This is {censored}ing funny though, because at the height of my desperation, I did give duct tape (actually, Gorilla tape) a fair shot LMAO :lol:

• Members

hahahaha dude, I tried it, no {censored}.
:lol:
But the little spring on the bottom of the holder still kept pushing the fuse out and moving the tape. This is {censored}ing funny though, because at the height of my desperation, I did give duct tape (actually, Gorilla tape) a fair shot LMAO
:lol:

Well, it is a Laney, just use the Iommi method. Melt a few plastic bottle tops till you find one that works :poke:

• Members

Well, it is a Laney, just use the Iommi method. Melt a few plastic bottle tops till you find one that works :poke:

I SWEAR I also tried to melt the cap with a lighter to make it wider so it wouldn't pop out!!!! But it didn't work either. :(

Holy {censored}, I should have taken pictures LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived