Question for owners of Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus

Mike LX-R

• Members

I sold mine on Ebay and the guy is saying it was modded because it has a couple resistors on the back side of the PCB board. I got mine from a guy, who is a minister no less, so I can't vouch with certainty that this is the stock pedal.

Can somebody peep your analog chorus and tell me if this dude's trippin'? Or if I bought a pedal that was already {censored}ed with?

Thanks.

• Members

For some reason my iPad wont let me post the pics, but if you scroll down there's a couple of gut shots of presumably stock ones.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=voodoo+lab+analog+chorus&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=syJpUJzCBsuL0QGtjYH4Dw&biw=1024&bih=672&sei=tCJpUMeeLZS00AGjmIGYAQ#

• Members

Some of the Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus were modded to compensate for the volume boost they had. I ha mine sent back to VL to have the mod done in house at their facility. I had a noticeably louder boost when using it, and the mod helped tame it to where it was usable.

Edit: Now that I got a closer look, that's doesn't look like a factory mod. There were several mods on the Internet for that pedal, but I'm not sure what that one was. The factory mod included changing a few resistors.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the mod is to remove the volume and treble boost these pedals have. It's a popular mod for this pedal.

The guy should have kept it, it sounds much better with this mod than stock.
:lol:
He will find that out eventually and want to kick himself for returning it.

No shit. Besides, if Mike sold it for a reasonable price, what's the big fucking deal?

• Members

No {censored}. Besides, if Mike sold it for a reasonable price, what's the big {censored}ing deal?

$130 shipped. I'll just have to sell it again once I find out for sure what mod it is. I'm just hoping that the NOS parts weren't taken out. I'll find out soon.

Archived