Mounting Strat Pups on an Ovation Viper 3?

revoloution9

• Members

I'm not sure if Mini Hnmbuckers Or Rickenbacker pups would fit. You would probibly Have to make a new pickguard. I would save the old pickguard with the pups in it if you're going to modify. You'd never get another one like it to restore it. If You measure the size of the pups in there I'll compare it to some simular pups I have and see if they match in size. Otherwise I'd leave it alone. It looks good the way it is. I believe the Ovation amp at that time for had 10" Alluminum Domes on the speakers. It added a lot of brightness to the sound. What are you playing through now that makes you want to modify the guitar for a different sound?

• Members

What's under the pickguard? If there is enough room you may be able to put standard strat sized single coils or HBs in there without routing out the wood. Then you will just need to cut yourself a custom pickgaurd. First step though is taking off the PG and seeing what's underneath. If you can, post some pics of the cavity and we'll be able to help you out a bit better.

Archived