Anyone watch "Last Days Here" doc about Bobby Liebling (Pentagram)?

Soundstorm

• Members

I'm putting out a part of me that I truly wish I never did, but I can say I've had periods of my life where I was pretty much a junky.. I always thought I was too smart to get caught up like everyone else, but heroin, and crack in Bobby's case, are some true evils.. I know my life will never be the same because of it.. But I also know, that it can be fixed.. And knowing what I know from my own addictions, the fact that he could clean up after that many years, is {censored}ing amazing. I couldn't imagine.. That takes amazing strength and determination.. You can fault someone for getting involved with dope in the first place, but you can't ever take away the true effort and determination it takes to get off this {censored}.. That takes a lot and is some of the hardest things I've ever had to go thru.. I'm pulling for the dude for that fact alone. But then throw in they were an amazing band at the time that somehow missed every opportunity that came their way..

• Members

I'm putting out a part of me that I truly wish I never did, but I can say I've had periods of my life where I was pretty much a junky.. I always thought I was too smart to get caught up like everyone else, but heroin, and crack in Bobby's case, are some true evils.. I know my life will never be the same because of it.. But I also know, that it can be fixed.. And knowing what I know from my own addictions, the fact that he could clean up after that many years, is {censored}ing amazing. I couldn't imagine.. That takes amazing strength and determination.. You can fault someone for getting involved with dope in the first place, but you can't ever take away the true effort and determination it takes to get off this {censored}.. That takes a lot and is some of the hardest things I've ever had to go thru.. I'm pulling for the dude for that fact alone. But then throw in they were an amazing band at the time that somehow missed every opportunity that came their way..

Props to you dude - ive watched the vid and cried through most of it - basically, my twin bother was/is extremely talented, give you the shirt off his back guy, but has been addicted for 30+ years now. Hes 23 days clean now.

I can relate closely especially with the twin bond. We used to play acoustic together for hours on end and he had a voice that was soul-penetrating.

Laters,

Rob

I'm really glad you found that inner strength that many never do.

Archived