OT: Reddit troll outed by gawker interviewed on CNN

Mind Riot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

What exactly is there to own up to? Own up to posting stuff that obviously a {censored} ton of people enjoyed? He wasn't actually trolling. Anderson Coper just doesn't know what the {censored} he's talking about.

Posting pics of dead kids and racism isn't quite the same as postin nude pics...

Posting dead kid pics to troll people is pretty {censored}ed up IMO.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

Posting pics of dead kids and racism isn't quite the same as postin nude pics...

Posting dead kid pics to troll people is pretty {censored}ed up IMO.

Honestly, that is {censored}ed up. But they seemed to be grilling him pretty hard over the nude teen pics that were already posted elsewhere. Especially funny since you know the interviewer spends just as much time looking at nude teens online as any other dude.

Says something about our priorities in this country. Dead kids, not cool. Nude teens? WTF? ARE YOU INSANE?! SOMEBODY MIGHT SEE A BOOBIE!?

• Members

Yeah, there are thousands of people posting legal pics of nude or semi nude girls. No problem there, since the girls obviously were too dumb to keep them private.

There's a reason gawker outed this dude, out of all those thousands of people.

Maybe I'm wrong and read incorrectly. idn_smilie.gif

I was under the impression he had a whole racket going and had his hands in various questionable things. Most notable to me was the part where he'd troll legitimate topics with pics of dead kids or whatever else would infuriate people. He just also happened to post nudes on his own forums. Again, if that is not the case then I take it back.

• Members

I don't really know anything beyond the first three-quarters or so of the video. He's a dickhead, for sure. And probably a legit {censored}. And now he's whining about the impact this has had on him and his family, so clearly he still doesn't get that he did anything wrong. I'm surely not defending the dude. I'm just confused why the interviewer went ballistic over nudes. That seemed to be the least offensive thing this dude did. Consequently, that's where I clicked the vid off.

• Members

Anderson Cooper is a bitch, no argument there.

If this dude was just posting off color jokes in contained forums and nude pics then I was wrong and take back what I said.

Not sure how that would qualify him as a troll but... What I read of his actions painted him as quite a bit more hateful and malicious.

• Members

You're probably right Ricky. I just sort of flipped at puritanical pop media standards being applied to anything on the internet.

This guy's definitely a raging dick. I'd just like to see him grilled for the things he did that were legitimately offensive, as opposed to, "WHAT IF THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER IN HER UNDERWEAR?!" Tell your {censored}ing daughter to stop taking pics of herself in her underwear?

EDIT: I've also never spent any time on reddit, so don't know anything about how it works. Nor do I particularly care to. I waste enough time online as it is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

The pics were not nude. They were sexually suggestive. Basically teens in sexual poses. You guys obviously don't get how reddit works. He wasn't trolling. He started entire subforums based on those topics. People enjoyed them AND contributed to them.

I never claimed to know how reddit works. If there are so many people that look for pictures of teens in suggestive poses then I don't know what to say.

Other people supporting disgusting {censored} doesn't make it right. Hitler, dead kids, racism... Just because other people find it funny or entertaining doesn't make it ok in my book. Encouraging people to take hidden pics of people is also not cool.

Besides, it's not like he was arrested. Someone just did the same thing to him. They exposed him the way he exposed things. He didn't have a problem with the creepshots subforum. How is exposing people against their wishes any different than what happened to him? If what he was doing was so awesome then why was he fired?

• Members

Then win/win for him idn_smilie.gif

Either way, reddit can just pretend someone took a spy camera shot of him and exposed him. It's just the Internet, right? Lulz and such were had at violentacrez expense, much like he's done over the years. Hell, gawker should just say they were trolling reddit and trying to take it over. Awesome.

Archived