played the new DSL at GC today.

guitarbilly74

• Members

hmmm i dont hear the difference between green and red, i dont use that stupid extra bass switch, or the other switch on the other side of the eq, both are off. i use the harder gain setting on the green chanel and the lower red chanel and its balls awesome. killer amp imo
(50 watt head)

• Members

hmmm i dont hear the difference between green and red, i dont use that stupid extra bass switch, or the other switch on the other side of the eq, both are off. i use the harder gain setting on the green chanel and the lower red chanel and its balls awesome. killer amp imo

(50 watt head)

I agree. The low end difference between the 2 channels never bothered me either. And I didn't use the Deep switch, because it was too much, but now with a resonance knob, you can control the amount of the extra low end, so that is a big plus for the new version.

As for needing to be loud to sound good, well it's a Marshall. That's how their amps have always been, right from day 1.

• Members

Played it again today just to make sure I wasn't wrong. I wasn't, it's the same {censored}ing amp :) I am pretty sure I am buying one soon, forgot how much I love DSLs.

I also tried the '57 Classics in a '61 RI SG. I am getting a set of these pickups for sure, they sound amazing!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I had the 40C for about 2 weeks before sending it back. It does sound better than the older 401 combo but I have no idea how it sounds compared to the heads.

I thought it was kind of buzzy but some told me that's how DSLs sound. The main reason I sent it back is that I have to play at lower volumes and it just didn't work for that. It did sound pretty good pushed but I don't think the neighbors agreed.
:D

does sound better than the older 401 combo

Not saying much. Worst tube amp I've ever owned. I traded it for a new LAG Roxanne

Archived