CL Cab....opinions needed

Ovid9

• Members

There's a cab for sale on my local CL....$250 OBO loaded:

http://peoria.craigslist.org/msg/3377458518.html

for sale: 2x12 guitar cab
loaded with very nice eminence governor and eminence texas heat speakers: $250obo
unloaded: $150obo
built by local cab builder using black vinyl (much nicer than standard tolex) and vintage style wheat grill cloth
3Ec3Gc3k05L35X45M4cavd44cc9c2d9a714e9.jp

Assuming its solidly built....would $200 be a decent deal?

Or...maybe I should buy this for no particular reason! love.gif

3Kc3J73o75Ne5E95Jdcaffe2553a03302102e.jp
Wards Airline 62-9052, 50 watt guitar head made by Valco, 2 Channel ,with 2 output transformers, 4- 6L6gc power tubes, 5- 12ax7 peramp tubes, 6973 reverb driver tube, really good sounding reverb and tremolo. Unique amp and very rare. Very good condition for an amp made in 1969. Come check it out.
love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Spaced Out Ace View Post
Yes, on the cab.
Sweet!

Don't waste your money on crap you don't need.
Oh, wait...nm then. icon_lol.gif

Yeah, I wouldn't buy that old amp....but I want too. icon_lol.gif

I think I'll shoot the guy an email. Worst he can do is say no. thumb.gif

Also.....wouldn't 4 6L6GC tubes be more than fitty watts?

• Members
No. The Kustom Double Cross uses 6 @100w.
But the VTM uses 6l6s and its 120? I mean, its overrated powerwise probably but still....though, maybe not as the volume it produces is quite amazing.

I guess the bias is really cold or something? 6L6 are rated for up to 30 watts according to god. Er, wikipedia.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC View Post
buy that tuuuuube amp
Inorite???? love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux View Post
Mother{censored}er, you have a good 2x12 cop.gifpoke.gif
wave.gif
I know! And it kicks ass! I also have a gray carpeted tubeworks one too! But, I need one to set the Bravo on top of..... biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
But the VTM uses 6l6s and its 120? I mean, its overrated powerwise probably but still....though, maybe not as the volume it produces is quite amazing.

I guess the bias is really cold or something? 6L6 are rated for up to 30 watts according to god. Er, wikipedia.
6L6s [at least most of them anyways] are supposed to produce 30w a tube. That said, more than just the tube is involved in wattage ratings and whatnot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced Out Ace

View Post

6L6s [at least most of them anyways] are supposed to produce 30w a tube. That said, more than just the tube is involved in wattage ratings and whatnot.

Yeah, its all sorts of weird stuff, like magic stuff. Or science. But, for simplicity's sake I'll assume its magical and therefore I don't need to learn anything about it. redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC

View Post

{censored}in buy them both man. dont be a {censored} cop.gif

Buy both, inform wifey "Look what you bought me for Christmas with the money I was going to spend on you!" This has to work right? idea.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux View Post
Easier to ask forgiveness than permission poke.gif
Hell yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO View Post
"Inform wifey" is where you fall down on this one.
Well, she has no clue about the last 2 guitars or 3 pedals.......

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bumhucker View Post
I think he may actually have a perfect game going icon_lol.gif
I went from having my Bravo & Triumph to adding a VTM & the Acoustic 150 before she noticed. I also added 2 guitars in that span...

She went downstairs one day and looked over to the other side of the room and said "Where'd those come from?"

Its all I can do to keep from ordering a 2nd Acoustic 150 used from GC. They have one for cheap right now and I want it SOOOOO bad. I'd have 300 watts of 70s SS power......

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
I went from having my Bravo & Triumph to adding a VTM & the Acoustic 150 before she noticed. I also added 2 guitars in that span...

She went downstairs one day and looked over to the other side of the room and said "Where'd those come from?"

Its all I can do to keep from ordering a 2nd Acoustic 150 used from GC. They have one for cheap right now and I want it SOOOOO bad. I'd have 300 watts of 70s SS power......
Transistors FTW!

I haven't tried any of their other stuff but I do like my Acoustic bass combo

Archived