Extremely frustrated with recording and programing drums.

Chrisjd

• Members

If you're not familiar with constructing rhythms and such, it would probably be best to use and abuse loops as much as possible. If you care about being proficient at programming drums you should start checking out drummer DVD's or youtube performances and pay attention to what the drummers are doing, figure out WHY you like the way something sounds and deconstruct it. If you don't care about that stuff then stick to modifying loops.

• Members

Sounds as though a lot of you guys use the piano thingy in your daw. such a tedious thing.

What is the best midi collection of beats for me to look into purchasing.

Yes, some drumming theory and knowing a drum kit more would probably be very beneficial.

• Members

I still cant get slate to work in Sonar. Works in cubase and fruity loops but I know how to use Sonar so much better. {censored}in annoying.

Isn't Slate drums set up for Sonar X1/X2 Session Drummer? I use Toontrak SD2.0, and haven't used the Slate stuff.

Also are you running 32 or 64 bit. For some of those instruments it doesn't work right if they are not consistent with bit rate of the project daw vs the vsti.

Archived