Now that marijuana is legal in CO and WA

guidedbyechoes

• Members

I think Colorado will limit sales to dispensaries for the time being. I think the wording of the amendment left it up to the Governor how he wants to set up sales. That means that the Governor has the power to make it available everywhere tobacco products are. If the population of Colorado doesn't screw it up, this could happen one day. I haven't read about the WA state amendment yet. I don't think Coors will go into the pot business until they think it will make them an extra $500 million/year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Philip Morris or Lorillard get into business in Colorado rather quickly.

On a documentary I saw it mention P M has purchased a ton of land in Cali.

• Members

you can lie to your insurance company about smoking tobacco because they don't test for it, but they can catch thc.

so they could raise your risk rating and make you pay more i'm sure.

They absolutely do test for tobacco, what's worse is that typically it's done posthumously, so if I think I'm being a smart ass, lie about smoking and die in a car accident and they test me for tobacco use they can deny life insurance claims, so yeah, good luck with that.

• Members

No I meant as it is a "new" product to compete with alcohol. Also who will be able to sell and will they be required to use an easy identifier for non tobacco cigarettes? I find this all quite interesting.

I don't think this really competes with alcohol, honestly it'll probably increase alcohol consumption if I've learned anything from experience...

• Members

Never heard of that. Is that a CA thing ?

A hair folicle test can tell every drug you did going back 5 years.

I think it's common in California just because so many people do it that organizations would have a hard time keeping their best workers employed if they adhered to strict drug policies. Most companies don't use the hair follicle test because it's very expensive. It also is only as effective as your hair is long.

• Members

Never heard of that. Is that a CA thing ?

A hair folicle test can tell every drug you did going back 5 years.

That's not true, Dan.

Its actually a hair analysis. They test the hair shaft itself

Also, the detection window is only 90 days. They only cut the first 1.5 inches from the scalp... each .5 inch represents about 90 days assuming your hair grows at the average rate of .5 inches per month.

• Members

i don't like this at all. i am immediately regretting colorado and washington's decisions.

I'm not saying you but that moment of irony when pot smokers dreamed of weed becoming legal and then realizing the financial implications that they will make no money selling it anymore.

Archived