Replacement 6 Screw Tremolos...

colejustesen

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hi! I've had the Super vee bladerunner for some time now.

What I like: the action and basic design, it is a good unit and there is no risk of wear causing tuning problems. It looks good too!

It can actually go as low as a Floyd rose if  you carve some wood away, where the trem block hits the body.

-

What needs improving: the arm wobbles in the top of the hole like other trems - I hate that!

They solved it at the bottom though which is real cool.

G-string was causing problems until I drilled it's barrel deeper (which messes with warranty).

The tip on the arm busted after a short while, I fixed it with super glue, but this should not be necessary.

The bridge plate is a little short and can be a problem on some guitars because; the rocking point (the blade) put a limit on how far the saddles can go (a change of saddle design could remedy this).

If The blade runner gets improvements then it can become my all time favorite, but for now, no!

My current favorite is (drum roll): the Wilkinson WVC, superb performing unit - not even regarding price.

The pop in arm gives super control, you can turn the arm alá Allan Holdworth (backwards) an the action doesn't change, time will tell if the price will show as wear on the unit. I use 2 hard spring and get perfect action. It also comes as 54mm string spacing (like the blade runner) nice!

In the future I got my eye out for the Wudtone constant pivot, which is promising (I hope it will be a no wobble arm). 

Archived