oneupmanshipery

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

Anyone meet anyone recently who partakes? I seem to attract these sorts in my social comings and goings recently. Just general braggarts and "oh yeah? mine's better!" types.

actual quotes from someone i met recently included. he kept looking me in the eye all funny like he wanted me to challenge him or react or something:

"my dad has this studio, you should check it out. all thes mics...im talking PHANTOM mics...phantom mics are the best mics"

"my dad has this gibson S-335 or something...all original brass hardware...he bought it at $500 but now its ranked at like $9000"

"i was playing bass in this band and this guy came up to me and said, 'hey man, the rest of the band sucks but i liked your basslines, want to come cut some tracks in willy nelson's studio?' and i said of course!" ***a favorite amongst austinites, it seems. heard this story more than once, including a coworker who claims to attend a weekly jam where like 20 dudes play purple haze for literally hours--just jamming and keeping purple haze going, supposedly

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

including a coworker who claims to attend a weekly jam where like 20 dudes play purple haze for literally hours--just jamming and keeping purple haze going, supposedly

I thought I was pretty good at getting stoned. Clearly, I'm an amateur.

• Members

I used to have a good friend that was down to earth and just a good dude all around. Then he moves a state over... takes a job and becomes a prick over time. I mean just right down cant stand be around the guy anymore. Talks down to all his friends has a ego complex.. and just thinks everything he does is just godly and superior.

I finally told the my buddy.. (who was actually my best man in my wedding) That he has became a dick and if no one else was willing to say it..Then I was going too. I left the door open if he wanted to chat like old times or hang out. Needless to say neither has happened.. and other mutual friends have even mentioned the same to him with the same results.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by framushead View Post
I used to have a good friend that was down to earth and just a good dude all around. Then he moves a state over... takes a job and becomes a prick over time. I mean just right down cant stand be around the guy anymore. Talks down to all his friends has a ego complex.. and just thinks everything he does is just godly and superior.

I finally told the my buddy.. (who was actually my best man in my wedding) That he has became a dick and if no one else was willing to say it..Then I was going too. I left the door open if he wanted to chat like old times or hang out. Needless to say neither has happened.. and other mutual friends have even mentioned the same to him with the same results.
well we had a friend who was close to the edge, and we had an intervention. basically, it went: "you use the words 'epic' and 'like,ever' too {censored}ing much stop". suprisingly, he was very receptive and seemed to want to make ammends to all he had wronged. he might be relapsing as of late, i fear, with his new black friday TV acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by telephant View Post
You sad bastard. biggrin.gif
i know. the sound guy is always {censored}ing stoned and trying to cut our set short because his little underage girlfriend wants him to come home and watch {censored}ing twilight or something. and they never turn the xmas lights off so its never dark enough. and if the guitar monitor is "broken" again this time, im switching off the attenuator.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO View Post
You should go jam with them. He plays Orange and an SG. He knows how to rock, and doesn't afraid of anything.
truth. though i have not yet received me redwings, so maybe not everything. guess we'll see. Possible Dec13th outing at said venue facepalm.gifidn_smilie.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneV2 View Post
My dad owns a dealership.

l.jpg
yup

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

heard this story more than once, including a coworker who claims to attend a weekly jam where like 20 dudes play purple haze for literally hours--just jamming and keeping purple haze going, supposedly

A friend of mine has told me a similar story - he's an acoustic dude though and the dudes are all deadheads/Allman bros type guys. I think their favourite hour long jam was No Rain. I believe marijuana was involved.

• Members

I have a guy at work that loves to talk about all the expensive tools and other stuff he has and he he remodels his house every 5 years. Also he's registered at the cdc because he is the carrier of a rare infection and has a bruise on his heel that is the worst the podiatrist has ever seen. He is suing the place he worked for for that one. Last time he sued he bought 2 4 family apartment complexes.

And the other guy I work with built the drummer for disturbed's house. Complete with soundproof basement.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guidedbyechoes View Post
I have a guy at work that loves to talk about all the expensive tools and other stuff he has and he he remodels his house every 5 years. Also he's registered at the cdc because he is the carrier of a rare infection and has a bruise on his heel that is the worst the podiatrist has ever seen. He is suing the place he worked for for that one. Last time he sued he bought 2 4 family apartment complexes.

And the other guy I work with built the drummer for disturbed's house. Complete with soundproof basement.
I tour all over.

The garage.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by trailsofsin

View Post

A friend of mine has told me a similar story - he's an acoustic dude though and the dudes are all deadheads/Allman bros type guys. I think their favourite hour long jam was No Rain. I believe marijuana was involved.

Dangerous cannabis, with it's total casualties of zero, ever.

• Members

Is it an epidemic in Austin or something? That's where the mouth that fabricates and welds, who goes by the name of Jesse James relocated, isn't it?

Seems like maybe Austin is a vortex that sucks in insecure types from all over who relocate there, and then overstate and exaggerate to impress, while only ultimately revealing their utter ignorance and douche-baggery.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by buddhapaugh View Post
Is it an epidemic in Austin or something? That's where the mouth that fabricates and welds, who goes by the name of Jesse James relocated, isn't it?

Seems like maybe Austin is a vortex that sucks in insecure types from all over who relocate there, and then overstate and exaggerate to impress, while only ultimately revealing their utter ignorance and douche-baggery.
Oh he mad. icon_lol.gif

Archived