OT: Tea thread

BrendanO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by gtrplyr60 View Post
Hell yeah, every night before bed. Well more so in the winter months.
Green tea with honey. I have a friend in China that sends me canisters
for my cake day. Stuff is awesome! Wu Bai Gang is the only name
I can read on the cans.
DUDE! What are you thinking?! The Wu Bai Gang is the most feared Tea Gang in all of China! Make sure your friend got it from a legit source or you both will be in grave danger... The Triads take that tea {censored} seriously.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
DUDE! What are you thinking?! The Wu Bai Gang is the most feared Tea Gang in all of China! Make sure your friend got it from a legit source or you both will be in grave danger... The Triads take that tea {censored} seriously.
I doesn't afraid Chinese gangs.

Playing-Jack-Burton-as-a-moronic-John-Wa

• Members

Tea in a bag is the equivalent of instant coffee. Don't drink that {censored}.

Get some loose tea a tea ball and tea pot. Then look for a blend called Market Spice. It's a black tea. Now unfortunately not all Market Spice blends are the same. So buy small amounts at first till you find the one store that has the magic. You'll be hooked.

Izzy, if you like tea go to Eau Claire and hit the coffee/tea shop by the escalators up to the theatre. Buy some market spice. They have *that* perfect blend there. It smells like heaven. I've even considered using it for potpourri to scent the house. It's THAT good.

You can thank me the next time we go for Thai.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by decode6 View Post
Hmm, this thread makes me wanna brew some since I'm at home today. Sencha overture love.gif
Sencha Overture from Adagio? Good stuff.

OP: check out harney.com and adagio.com
Let me know if you want some suggestions...been drinking loose tea for about 10 years now. I like pretty much everything except pu're...{censored} tastes like 100 year old crawlspace dirt smells. No joke. (its aged in earthen cellars iirc)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GuidanceOfSin View Post
Sencha Overture from Adagio? Good stuff.

OP: check out harney.com and adagio.com
Let me know if you want some suggestions...been drinking loose tea for about 10 years now. I like pretty much everything except pu're...{censored} tastes like 100 year old crawlspace dirt smells. No joke. (its aged in earthen cellars iirc)
thumb.gif

Great website. Bought some there like 6 years ago and haven't looked back.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
deepteadiver_lr2.jpg

Honestly I don't know much about tea. I get some from my friend who works at Teavana and I brew it with some ginger root usually because my nervous system is usually in shambled. Really relaxing.
My wife gets gift certificates at Teavana from her clients all the time. Their teas are awesome! thumb.gif

She gets REALLY mad when I use up her high caffeinated teas. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues View Post

Get some loose tea a tea ball and tea pot.
It's not as obvious as instant coffee IMO. I used to do the tea pot/loose tea and a strainer in the UK but that is if you have to make a bunch for a big family/workers etc.

The taste is not night and day from a good tea bag.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues

View Post

Actually, instant tea is the equivalent of instant coffee. Tea bags can be the same tea you put in a tea ball except in a little paper or mesh bag. Some vendors sell the same teas both ways. Culinary Teas is one example, a good vendor for flavored black tea.

• Members

I've noticed a few mentions of tea balls in the thread. FYI, good tea needs room to bloom for full flavor. Most tea bags and balls are too small to let that happen.

As for bags, yeah you can get good stuff in bags but most are bottom of the barrel dust and fannings.

I usually just heat some water to the appropriate temp (electric kettle or pan on the stove, never used a tea pot), put loose tea in a big measuring cup, pour water over tea, steep for the appropriate amount of time then just strain out into a cup or thermos.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GuidanceOfSin View Post
As for bags, yeah you can get good stuff in bags but most are bottom of the barrel dust and fannings.
Not Mighty Leaf!

The Magic of Our Tea Pouch

In ancient traditions around the world, a freshly brewed pot filled with whole tea leaves is revered as the richest in character. Inspired by this legacy, Mighty Leaf specially created the silken Tea Pouch filled with the world

• Members

This was posted on here a few years ago, and I ended up spending a fair amount of coin at this website: http://www.adagio.com/

They have a great selection and their ingenuiTEA and UtiliTea products are great.

Also, someone posted these guys as a great source of really quality teas, but I haven't made an order from them yet.

http://www.harney.com/

I'm partial to black tea myself. I'm on the hunt for a really good one that I'm comfortable buying a larger bag of.

• Members

Green Yogi-brand anti-oxident on the drive to work, then some earl grey. I like lemon ginger, especially this dragon stuff you can only get online that mixes directly into the water, as an herbal. White for when I want something highfaluting, Good Earth regular on a chill day or when I'm backpacking, yerba mate if I need more of a caffeine rush. I have some others. I hardly ever sweeten it or put milk in. Loose leaf green is way better than the stuff in bags, but I usually can't be bothered.

Bought from commercial places, I like the stuff you get from Peet's way better than Starbucks, though I do like their chai tea.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gtrplyr60 View Post
I doesn't afraid Chinese gangs.

Playing-Jack-Burton-as-a-moronic-John-Wa
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

• Members

I don't need you to tell me how {censored}ing good my tea is, okay? I'm the one who buys it, I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping, she buys {censored}. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it, I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It ain't the tea in my kitchen, it's the dead nagger in my garage.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by metalhobo

View Post

I don't need you to tell me how {censored}ing good my tea is, okay? I'm the one who buys it, I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping, she buys {censored}. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it, I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It ain't the tea in my kitchen, it's the dead nagger in my garage.

Do you see a sign on my lawn that says "Dead Tea Bag Storage"?

Archived