So, I've just got to vent for a second. (bad amp decision)

soilent

• Members

Alright, so a couple months ago, a friend of mine said he wanted to get a new amp. He knows I'm somewhat of a gear nerd, so he asked my opinion on the Bogner Line 6 amps. I basically told him it's probably a half way decent amp, but it's not a REAL Bogner and there are definitely better options out there. I gave him quite a few good options like a new 6505+ combo or several great used options like 5150/6505 series, 5153, Mesa Rectifiers and even JCM 800s, etc.

So, today he posts a picture of the new amp he got. What did he choose? None other than a brand new Bogner Line 6 of course! HCAF, what's up with that??

• Members

are you in a band with him? if not, why do you care? i try not to get upset with how people spend their own money; especially in situations where it wont affect my life at all. not sure why you are mad here....

he asked, you offered your opinion which was nice of you but he didnt take your advice. i am not seeing a reason to be upset idn_smilie.gif

• Members

I've got a friend who did similar things recently. Tryin to get back into playing, wanted a guitar, I found a good deal, he bought it, loves it. Amp time, I give him suggestions, told him some places to check out, he goes to a pawn shop, spends about 100 bucks some type of line 6 spider that regularly sells used for like 40 bucks. The amp madness didn't stop there, but I'll leave it at that for now.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
are you in a band with him? if not, why do you care? i try not to get upset with how people spend their own money; especially in situations where it wont affect my life at all. not sure why you are mad here....

he asked, you offered your opinion which was nice of you but he didnt take your advice. i am not seeing a reason to be upset idn_smilie.gif

Not at all upset, it's just like, what's the point of asking for the advice? Especially when they're asking me because they feel I have more knowledge on the subject. Anyway, it doesn't really affect me, I don't play in a band with him, but I just figured this is an issue the guys of HCAF will understand. It's less of an "I'm upset" and more of a "Face Palm."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soilent

View Post

Not at all upset, it's just like, what's the point of asking for the advice?"

Easy answer: He wasn't asking you for advice. He was asking for you to say "Yeah, dude...that is the most awesome ever made and you're an awesome person for buying it and you look so hot in those jeans and are you taller today?"

• Members

i hear ya, that is frusterating. at any rate he will learn, hopefully.

my bandmate recently asked me for gear advice. he had a budget so i told him i would part with my tele cheap and he bought it and i told him that the c50 410 that elderly's had would be sweet and he bought it. his new rig is super sweet and was under 750.

• Members

Alright, so a couple months ago, a friend of mine said he wanted to get a new amp. He knows I'm somewhat of a gear nerd, so he asked my opinion on the Bogner Line 6 amps. I basically told him it's probably a half way decent amp, but it's not a REAL Bogner and there are definitely better options out there. I gave him quite a few good options like a new 6505+ combo or several great used options like 5150/6505 series, 5153, Mesa Rectifiers and even JCM 800s, etc.

So, today he posts a picture of the new amp he got. What did he choose? None other than a brand new Bogner Line 6 of course! HCAF, what's up with that??

Time to start warming up your vocal cords for the many, many, many "I told you so's" he has coming.

• Members

i would have gone with a flex tone or vetta if i had to go line 6

line 6 doesn't really make bad stuff, it really depends on how its used and whose using it

the spider valve is a nice practice amp for bedroom use. but to actually be taken seriously with that thing at a gig..........

Archived