the world didnt end so here is an ebay question

sleewell

• Members

I have done this before as a seller. The guy emailed me and we met up. He paid cash we went our separate ways. Was a hell of a lot more convenient than shipping and a whole lot quicker too. I'd recommend this route if the seller is willing.

This

I have paid cash in person on multiple items. Buyer keeps more of the cut and I get my item.

• Members

She's right. If the buyer wants to pick it up locally he will have to pay me in cash, because if he pays me with paypal and picks it up locally I have NO proof of delivery and I can get royally screwed. If he paid me via paypal, I'm shipping it with delivery confirmation/signature required, I don't care if he's 2 blocks down.

I came in to say this. Definitely do not take paypal as a payment method if it is local pickup.

I just sold an iphone yesterday on ebay and the winner was in my town. She paid by paypal, so I just shipped it via fedex as I said I would in the auction. I literally drive within a quarter of a mile from her house on my daily work commute too.

Interestingly though, it cost $14.21 for the intown shipment with insurance/signature receipt. The other iphone I sold shipped to Chicago was $15.30. lol

Archived