• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanic

View Post

+1

I think the first 'death' is being to old to pick up hot girls frown.gif

i'm fully aware it's going to be an epic PITA to find someone i'm compatible with that's not a lunatic that's within my dating age range that's never married/no kids. that legit scares me icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

i'm fully aware it's going to be an epic PITA to find someone i'm compatible with that's not a lunatic that's within my dating age range that's never married/no kids. that legit scares me icon_lol.gif

what scares me as well is I figured in time eventually you would care less and less.....and then I see 60yr old guys checking out 20yr olds walking by at work and I'm thinking facepalm.gif {censored} I'm probably going to be like them lol

I have to say one of my buddies is older and does pretty good with quality ladies just meeting them thru a lot of outdoors type things.....when you think about it ....how many out of shape , over weight , hungover women are going to be out climbing mountains at 7am on a weekend lol.....yoga classes etc.....its all in the location

Quote Originally Posted by 100 watt

View Post

Turning 36 this Friday. The age & mortality thing's been eating at me ALOT as of late.

I find it comforting I'm not the only one.........people I work with are shocked I'm out partying/travelling so much ...not just that but trying to cram in as much as I can but time is ticking cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanic

View Post

what scares me as well is I figured in time eventually you would care less and less.....and then I see 60yr old guys checking out 20yr olds walking by at work and I'm thinking facepalm.gif {censored} I'm probably going to be like them lol

lol well my goal is that since i've waited this long, i may as well hold out for someone i do want, and will want down the line. i definitely don't want to be divorced at 50 or 55 and trying to still meet people (assuming my wife is still alive, anyway). but who knows.

i will say kinda just as a general observation and my further thought on this, is that when we're gone i don't feel we'll have any sense of "time". we measure time and space/size/quantity/etc. because that's the way our human brains can wrap around such huge concepts. even though i believe in a spiritual life after this one, i don't think there would/will be a sense of "time" as we think it. "infinity" does admittedly sound tiring to an extent but again, it's just not something we in our current state can even begin to fathom, IMHO. so, that part of it is sorta relieving. it's not like i'm going to die and then go "{censored}, i'm dead wtf" icon_lol.gif

• Members

I'm really not afraid to die at all. Maybe because I don't believe in heaven or hell. However, I'm not looking forward to whatever it is that kills me as it's usually not a pleasant experience, though it's usually short lived. If I were to find out I was going to die very soon I'm sure that I would be disappointed that I didn't get to do many of the things I planned to, but it's not like it will matter at all to me once I'm dead. I also would feel bad for the people I would leave behind who would mourn.

As far as the whole mortality crisis thing, when I turned 30 I started feeling that I really needed to start focusing on accomplishing what I want to. It was a negative thing at first, but I think it's now a positive thing. It's good to realize you won't be around forever.

• Members

When you think about it, we all(everyone who has ever lived) have won the lottery of life. Think of the infinite possibilities of could-have-beens, or "not yous". Think how lucky you are. One in a trillion doesn't even come close to cutting it. We all won the genetic lottery of life, and get to live for a few precious moments. Not only live, but experience life through a brain capable of having some understanding of how it all works. How ungrateful and self-centered of us to think that's not good enough.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96

View Post

When you think about it, we all(everyone who has ever lived) have won the lottery of life. Think of the infinite possibilities of could-have-beens, or "not yous". Think how lucky you are. One in a trillion doesn't even come close to cutting it. We all won the genetic lottery of life, and get to live for a few precious moments. Not only live, but experience life through a brain capable of having some understanding of how it all works. How ungrateful and self-centered of us to think that's not good enough.

that's an awesome perspective T.

how you been by the way?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96

View Post

Hey, Mike. I've been well. Keeping busy. How's the Tone Zone working? I need to bump the pickup thread. I still need a 7 string pickup.

It's what that guitar needed and if I sell that guitar (which I might do very soon) it will be back to stock configuration.

I bumped the thread today thumb.gif

Archived