Django Unchained. It doesn't suck.

nightflameauto

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by decode6

View Post

That's the point I want to make as well. What does he have to do to impress people? Dude made one of the best movies of the 1990s.

the best. that {censored}ing movie is timeless.

if it came out today, untouched, it would still be great. you can't date that movie.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw it last night. I liked it. I am a huge QT fan, so i knew going into it that i'd like it. Overall, its one of my least favorite movies of his. I would place it above Jackie Brown, but that's about it.
I thought it was too long... seems like they could have gotten the same ending in a lot neater/tidier/shorter manner. And there was fat that could have used a trim. The proto-KKK scene was entertaining, but ultimately did nothing for the movie other than make it 20 minutes or so longer. Could have been cut EASY. And i don't feel like there was ANY chemistry between Foxx and the chick who played his wife... i mean, after all the {censored} their characters have been through, there should be a LOT stronger connection on screen there.

• Members

Saw it last night. I liked it. I am a huge QT fan, so i knew going into it that i'd like it. Overall, its one of my least favorite movies of his. I would place it above Jackie Brown, but that's about it.
I thought it was too long... seems like they could have gotten the same ending in a lot neater/tidier/shorter manner. And there was fat that could have used a trim. The proto-KKK scene was entertaining, but ultimately did nothing for the movie other than make it 20 minutes or so longer. Could have been cut EASY. And i don't feel like there was ANY chemistry between Foxx and the chick who played his wife... i mean, after all the {censored} their characters have been through, there should be a LOT stronger connection on screen there.

Archived