Reasonably priced hand wired amp? Do they exist?

GREC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

sure there are lots of options out there - but I think the real question is: What do you consider a 'reasonable' price.

If you are looking for something handwired, and under $1,000 - you probably aren't going to find anything.

$1,000 seems to be a good price point, though - once you get there, you may find someone to hand-wire you a kit with good iron for that price.

Once you get closer to $2,000 - then the possibilities really open up. You are close to a lot of the name-brand builders (Voodoo, Germino, etc), and could definitely score a nice vintage handwired amp also. Some of the old Hiwatts I've seen are off-the-charts neatly done. I woudn't rule out used if it was me.

Let us know your price point, and we can narrow this down for you.

• Members

sure there are lots of options out there - but I think the real question is: What do you consider a 'reasonable' price.

If you are looking for something handwired, and under $1,000 - you probably aren't going to find anything.

$1,000 seems to be a good price point, though - once you get there, you may find someone to hand-wire you a kit with good iron for that price.

Once you get closer to $2,000 - then the possibilities really open up. You are close to a lot of the name-brand builders (Voodoo, Germino, etc), and could definitely score a nice vintage handwired amp also. Some of the old Hiwatts I've seen are off-the-charts neatly done. I woudn't rule out used if it was me.

Let us know your price point, and we can narrow this down for you.

• Members

I know this dude IRL and have played multiple amps of his. He'll basically build you whatever you want, and he's the most reasonably custom stuff I've personally come across.

Dunwich Amps

Heres some demos of a couple of his amps; First one is a Trainwreck inspired two channel;

Other one is what he calls "The Wizard" It's basically stoner/doom heaven.

Check out my page, or better yet, his Youtube page for lots of clips. He's made everything from that little 18 watt trainwreck amp, up to 200 watt clean pedal pushers...

• Members

I know this dude IRL and have played multiple amps of his. He'll basically build you whatever you want, and he's the most reasonably custom stuff I've personally come across.

Dunwich Amps

Heres some demos of a couple of his amps; First one is a Trainwreck inspired two channel;

Other one is what he calls "The Wizard" It's basically stoner/doom heaven.

Check out my page, or better yet, his Youtube page for lots of clips. He's made everything from that little 18 watt trainwreck amp, up to 200 watt clean pedal pushers...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by telephant View Post
I know I've heard that modded 800.. Wanna say I've heard the Jube clone but not sure. Have you posted clips of it?

(I keep begging Ron Burgandy for his Jube, he doesn't want to put out)
Not really. I've got a tone test I did with some speakers when I was A/B'ing some different speakers. That's really the only thing I've laid down.

Here it is...

super lightly boosted Jube clone

• Members
I know I've heard that modded 800.. Wanna say I've heard the Jube clone but not sure. Have you posted clips of it?

Not really. I've got a tone test I did with some speakers when I was A/B'ing some different speakers. That's really the only thing I've laid down.

Here it is...

• Members

Here it is...

• Members

Here it is...

Archived