Gah I hate computers. Any ideas guise?

Ovid9

• Members

Well, first things first - hook up another monitor and DO NOT change any settings from the state the computer was in before you started to get zero picture.

If you still have no output try slapping the DVI connector connected to your video card into the other DVI port (most modern video cards have two). If there's no picture on either port, try swapping video cards (super easy to do) with a known good one; assuming you have access to another one.

[Oh, and the start up info screen thing is called the post screen, not the BIOS screen wink.gif ... unless I'm completely misunderstanding you and you ARE getting a picture, just not the CMOS]

• Members

Well, first things first - hook up another monitor and DO NOT change any settings from the state the computer was in before you started to get zero picture.

If you still have no output try slapping the DVI connector connected to your video card into the other DVI port (most modern video cards have two). If there's no picture on either port, try swapping video cards (super easy to do) with a known good one; assuming you have access to another one.

[Oh, and the start up info screen thing is called the post screen, not the BIOS screen wink.gif ... unless I'm completely misunderstanding you and you ARE getting a picture, just not the CMOS]

• Members
icon_lol.gif

Full disclosure. Wouldn't power on because the main power cable to the MB was unplugged cause I'm a dumbass.

Screen wouldn't show because I forgot I had a video card and kept trying to plug directly into the MB's monitor plug.

I am officially an idiot.

profile_picture_by_id_10t-d49i1lq.jpg

• Members
icon_lol.gif

Full disclosure. Wouldn't power on because the main power cable to the MB was unplugged cause I'm a dumbass.

Screen wouldn't show because I forgot I had a video card and kept trying to plug directly into the MB's monitor plug.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kardula

View Post

54d2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Two Tone

View Post

You have no idea how many times I have to tell people to do that. I just did last night to my own brother who should know better.

Yep. I have to tell the wife that occasionally, and she'll repeat it back like the IT Crowd guy. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kardula

View Post

54d2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Two Tone

View Post

You have no idea how many times I have to tell people to do that. I just did last night to my own brother who should know better.

Yep. I have to tell the wife that occasionally, and she'll repeat it back like the IT Crowd guy. biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
icon_lol.gif

I've done similar things with computers, cars, amps, etc... biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
icon_lol.gif

I've done similar things with computers, cars, amps, etc... biggrin.gif

Archived