In Flames cover...Miced the Peavey Vypyr LOL!!

NinjaRaf

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

I think the 6505 model on the Vypyr sounds scary close to the real deal personally

It sounds like an emulation of a 6505, but it's way fuzzier and less punchy than the real thing. Just like most digital amps, it sounds digital. That said, I like that sound. People for some reason think digital = a knock on the sound, but IMO it's good, just different. I can certainly hear the 6505 tone they were shooting for in the model, so I guess saying it sounds nothing like it was a bit of hyperbole.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

I think the 6505 model on the Vypyr sounds scary close to the real deal personally

It sounds like an emulation of a 6505, but it's way fuzzier and less punchy than the real thing. Just like most digital amps, it sounds digital. That said, I like that sound. People for some reason think digital = a knock on the sound, but IMO it's good, just different. I can certainly hear the 6505 tone they were shooting for in the model, so I guess saying it sounds nothing like it was a bit of hyperbole.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

Sounded in tune to me idn_smilie.gif

Yeah, I agree icon_lol.gif. Theres a few parts in there where Im transitioning that sound a little off, but its because of light string tension and bending the strings while Im moving my hands up and down the neck.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

i dug it man, great playing as always. its a practice amp and you got some great tones from it. its not like you are proclaiming that you went into a studio and this is the best you could come out with.

Thanks!! And yeah, I totally agree. I wanted to use the 5150, but its at my buddys house until saturday. So, I used what I had. The vypyr sounds really damned good for a practice amp, so I figured Id give it a shot. Not as easy to get a good miced tone as the 5150, but I kind of expected that anyway. In anycase, it still sounds good, and it was fun!! I learned the song as I was recording it haha.

Archived