Selling Keeley/Line 6 DL4, need new delay recommendations

Mike LX-R

• Members

Alrighty, so I don't use my DL4 to its full capacity and I never will. My delay needs are pretty simple. I need 2, one for long repeats and one for short repeats. Features and {censored} aren't that important accept to be able to dial in a pristine delay that isn't overly prominent and can be balanced and mixed with the dry signal. I simply need clean, clear, manageable quality repeats. Features that would be cool but not necessary: "analog" emulation, tap tempo, and looping.

On my short list for consideration are Boss DD-3/DD-7, Vox Time Machine, and Hardwire DL-8.

Some of you might pop in with Dispatch Master and whatnot. That won't be necessary. I'll eventually be running a Holy Grail Plus into these delays because I LOVElove.gif the flerb setting on the Holy Grail units. With that and my Laney's already great spring reverb I'm covered.

Thanks.

• Members

IMHO, there is no rule that you have to use all the features of a pedal, so is it worth it to go through the hassle of selling this and buying 2 other pedals? I don't think so.

You may make a few bucks in the end, depending on the price of the new pedals, but it won't be much and certainly not worth the hassle... so I'd suggest you just keep the KDL4, it is a great sounding pedal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

IMHO, there is no rule that you have to use all the features of a pedal, so is it worth it to go through the hassle of selling this and buying 2 other pedals? I don't think so.

You may make a few bucks in the end, depending on the price of the new pedals, but it won't be much and certainly not worth the hassle... so I'd suggest you just keep the KDL4, it is a great sounding pedal.

I hear you. I still need a second delay. I like having 2 delays to run simultaneously at times. One of my favorite delay tones was having a delay for short repeats, like 8th notes for example, and a long delay sync'd in tempo, like half notes for example. I could still use either/or, or run them both at once as I've described. A delay with "two-head" feature might work but I have a feeling it would sound different than 2 separate units.

Archived