Here's the Deal with the Bleep Thing. Yes It Sucks, but for More Reasons than You Might Think

Anderton

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

koiwoi wrote:

To suggest that this site hasn't made any money for Bain Capital is very hard to swallow. Maybe it doesn't have clear and obvious ROI standing on it's own, but marketing is often like that. Shut it off and watch the revenue figures for GC, MF, and Music123...

Its an add site, they aren't supposed to run in the black. There is little income in form of add revenue. The income isn't seen on the website, its seen in income created once people visit the adds / Musician's Friend.

Advertising usually has a cost. Hence people pay you to post their adds.

So using the "runs in the red" excuse is super lame. Its more like "we want to cut back on our add spendings".

• Members

Did not get an answer yet, so I'm a gonna try again:

Just one simple question to Anderton or whoever is in charge of this forum:

Will you get us the old forum back or will it stay as it is now?

Because if this is what it's gonna be, I'm outta here.

In the past days this 'new' forum has turned into a spooky ghosttown......

There's a lot more going on over at our new amp-forum, I guess that's our new place.

• Members

To be honest, with a few stylesheets and hacks, this forum isn't half as bad as people make out to be. I am sure that this forum can be tailored further to make everyone happy. I am still not happy about lots of things, but I am willing to give it a chance.

I do understand the frustration of many people, but the puerile insults and attacks are totally unnecessary. Ok, the censorship thing sucks, but welcome to the Internet (brought to you by Google tm) anno 2013. And frankly, what's the big deal here? You guys really NEED to swear constantly?

Anyway, I am sticking around as long as the people I come here for are here, not interested in spin-ff forums :idk:

Now all we need is to get the old emoticons back.

Archived