What pickups did Accept use??

ranalli

• Members

Huge fan here. Thats one of my top fave tones (Balls). I remember on Hoffmann's earlier site, before he revamped it, that he recorded with a strat and EMG's. It was quite beat. He liked the tone and said it was easy to play (recording). On stage they went for 2 white V's just for the fans. They thought the V's looked cooler and more rock.

Too many slaves in this world,

Die by torture and pain,...

• Members

Hey guys

Michael Wagener here. Steve pointed out this thread to me today.

Well, to be honest I can't remember exactly what Wolf was using on BTTW and RAW, but I will try to contact him (he is in Germany right now) and ask him. I do know that he loves his EMGs but as far as I can remember his fav Strat (which we call Eva) doesn't have EMGs but I could be wrong. I'll find out.

• Members

Originally posted by rhino bucket

BILL LAWRENCE????????

I remember an interview in Guitar World magazine where he mentioned Bill Lawrence pickups.

The interviewer also commented on Wolf's crisp "Churman Eggsent", which I thought was funny. I often think of that phrase when reading interviews with guys from Germany such as Hoffmann, Jabs, Schenker, etc. It helps me to read it as they spoke it, so to speak.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

I'm guessing they used Marshalls and I know they used Flying Vs...but what pickups were in those suckers to give that crushing tone heard on Balls to the Wall??

That's just great tone right there...

Awesome tone!!

I had BTTW cranked up in the car last week....

Sounds sooo fat, but still cuts nicely.

• Members

Originally posted by mwagener

Hey guys

Michael Wagener here. Steve pointed out this thread to me today.

Well, to be honest I can't remember exactly what Wolf was using on BTTW and RAW, but I will try to contact him (he is in Germany right now) and ask him. I do know that he loves his EMGs but as far as I can remember his fav Strat (which we call Eva) doesn't have EMGs but I could be wrong. I'll find out.

Wow....a celebrity appearance!!:)

Thanks!! It is much appreciated!!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Members

They did not use EMG pups till way later on, for the life of me I have tried to figure thos out. If you look at the back of the breaker album they look like Gibson's and on V has avery weird looking pickup that IS NOT a Bill Lawrence. Wolf is also a huge dick so don't ask him. I am almost positive the pups are Gibson stock, the white one in the bridge on the right if I remeber was made in Gemany.

accept.jpg

Archived