The Laney Posse! join up!!

StringBreaker

• Members

I'm new here (2nd post). May I be part of the Laney Posse?

I have a Laney GH100ti that I use with my Sabbath Tribute band along with the Gibson Custom Shop Iommi SG.

I love this amp but I wish there was a way to tighten up the bottom just a bit for another metal band that I'm in. Any suggestions?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

greetings guys, i recently bought a vh100r and i just wanted to change my cab. i currently use an old Kustom Lead III cab witch is ok, but i just want a more modern, roaring tone :). So i've been thinking about changing cabs. I'm really digging v30 cabs and i'm searching for a 4x12". Oh, before i forget: i have a 800$ cash limit ;).

and btw, vh100r's just totally rock. i played mine 20 minutes in-store and i fell in love...

ps: sry for my bad english ;)

• Members

Hello all, I wanna join the Laney posse cause I need help with my amp, and I've got Laneys. I have an AOR 100, (and an LC50 combo)

I haven't had much time to spend with my AOR head. I'm after a sweet amp distortion tone but then I wanna be able to change to a rather clean tone as well. Any tips on how to achieve that?

Also, if anyone feels the need: Whats the deal with an overdrive pedal pushing the amp harder??

Thanks.:confused:

• Members

Hi, I thought Id join the Laney posse.:wave:

I'm using an LC30II, it seems not too bad at the moment, but is quite a bright amp on the high end.

My settings at the moment are -

Clean channel -
Bass = 4, Mid = 5, Treb = 1, Volume 3

Drive Channel -
Drive = 6, Bass = 6, Mid = 3, Treb = 1, Volume= 2

Im using a strat copy w bridge HB and a Boss SD-1 for a boost.

The sound seems ok for now. Not gigging at the moment.

• Members
Originally posted by Remedy

whats your settings and what guit do you use?

I dial it in differently depending on what gear I use. Sometimes its like a fender clean (less middy) and other times I dial it in with the mids on 5, bass on 3 and treble on 4 :thu:

It all depends on the grear though. The pedals I put through i are in my sig. Sometimes I dime the eq on the amp and blast it with my treble booster and control the gain with the volume on my guitar :thu:

• Members

For smaller gigs and at church I've been using these settings lately:

Bass: 4
Mid: 5
Treb: 3

I use it clean and add my modded DS1 for my main rhythm tone. I don't use much gain so I have that set to about 12 o clock. The tubescreamer comes next for solos and licks. Lately I've been using my treble booster on the full range mode into the clean channel as a clean solo boost. It works great :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister69

For smaller gigs and at church I've been using these settings lately:

Bass: 4

Mid: 5

Treb: 3

I use it clean and add my modded DS1 for my main rhythm tone. I don't use much gain so I have that set to about 12 o clock. The tubescreamer comes next for solos and licks. Lately I've been using my treble booster on the full range mode into the clean channel as a clean solo boost. It works great
:thu:

sounds cool. I tried a similar thing with mine except with a SD1(gain maxed) instead of DS1 for distortion - its not too bad but I seem to be preferring gain channel on 6 with the sd1 for boost(full level/no gain) for my rhythm sound.

Im keen to try out a DS1 with the LC30. What did the mods you had done do? Big difference from the stock sound? Dubtronics- is that the guy Daz from Aussie Guitar forum?

• Members

My main rig is the GH100ti with matching cab but I want a practice /backup rig. I was thinking of a solid state head for home use.

Any of you guys try the LX120H. Just a solid state head with built in effects but its only like $350 online and I thought it might be a cool thing to have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi,
I have a VC30, running Sovteks. Great amp - tone to the bone. I had the effects loop pot replaced with a master volume a while back and it's superb, turn the clean channel up and get monster tone without having to replace my eardrums. One issue:

The reverb is apparrently wired through the effects loop pot and the guy who rewired it didn't change that - this means the reverb only works to the level I set the master volume. As this is usually low - over about 3.5 it's just too damn loud - I'm getting very little reverb.

Can I just cut the wires connecting the two pots (reverb and effects loop/master vol) to fix this, or will it do other nasty things to the amp?

• Members

Originally posted by e4c4ever

What are the best settings for the GH50L?

I have an MXR 10- Band EQ in the loop and also use a POD XT LIVE for effects-- but I set mine thru Hi input, Res. engaged, Pres 6.5, Bass- dimed, Mids 6, Treble.5, Master 4 or higher (Ya, that's LOUD), Gain 5-5.5, Drive engaged, Drive 7. I use a Bad Monkey out front--tone to taste--no gain-- and the effects level at noon--- and I get a Killer 80's metal sound--- I use Seymours and EMG's exclusively, and I can't fathom needing anything with more clarity for rhythm/leads. I swapped pre amp tubes out to EI Elites in v2/v3, Tung-Sol in v1, and EH balanced in v4--- Not 100% sure what I used in the power tube swap , but it did make a difference. I still can't believe you can get these for less than 600.00!!!!!!!!!! Truly underrated, and I don't know why:thu:

• Members

k guys, finally got a nice v30 cab for under the VH100 (Orange 4x12" = :love: ) and i love the way it reacts with the Laney. Now, on the Lead channel, i have the most clearest metalcore-distortion, still with a LOT of low end, I ever heard. Conclusion: i love my laney and i'm thinking of buying an GH100 as a backup....

Archived