drum forum: slowest forum in the world?

Sordid1

• Members
Originally posted by Sordid1

I posted a couple of things on there about six hours ago and they are still in the top six posts. It supports my theory that drummers are the laziest people alive (except my drummer).
:D

Silly man, didn't you know drummers don't know how to use computers?

• Members

Originally posted by rhino bucket

drummers aren't lazy, there's just to damn many guitar players around, and not enough drummers or bass players.

Honestly other than my current drummer and the first drummer I ever had I have yet to meet a drummer that wasn't incredibly lazy and unreliable at best. I agree that there is a shortage of drummers and bass players in the world and that is why good drummers can get away with being lazy because bands have little to choose from in that area.

• Members

Easy on the drummers, fellas.

The Drum Forum is not a very active forum compared to the Amp Forum where you get immediate posts since there are so many people who are logged in all day. With the Drum Forum, you usually get a response back the next day.....most people log in once/twice a day check their posts, respond to posts and move on. I'd like to think of it as a more efficient/less dramatic forum. ;)

There are a few good resources over there if you need drum info....Old Steve is one....Dark Slide is another. There was a great thread that Dark Slide posted in about playing fast, doing gravity blast beats, etc....posted several video clips that were very helpful for people new to blast beats/extreme drumming.

I frequent both....but probably spend more time on the Amp Forum as there is more activity.

• Members
Originally posted by HottKarl

Easy on the drummers, fellas.

The Drum Forum is not a very active forum compared to the Amp Forum where you get immediate posts since there are so many people who are logged in all day. With the Drum Forum, you usually get a response back the next day.....most people log in once/twice a day check their posts, respond to posts and move on. I'd like to think of it as a more efficient/less dramatic forum.
;)

There are a few good resources over there if you need drum info....Old Steve is one....Dark Slide is another. There was a great thread that Dark Slide posted in about playing fast, doing gravity blast beats, etc....posted several video clips that were very helpful for people new to blast beats/extreme drumming.

I frequent both....but probably spend more time on the Amp Forum as there is more activity.

I am just giving the drummers in the world a hard time, just from the little I have read over there I have found some cool information. I'm not a drummer but I really love drums for some reason.

• Members

I am in a band but life as a drummer would definitely be easier when it came to finding bands to play with. I lucked out this time and found a great one but most of the good bands around town already have guitarist. There is always a handful of good bands looking for a drummer at any given time.

• Members

Good point.....generally, I make people come to my kit to play rather than packing up my kit and taking it to their place. I've got a large double-kick 8 piece kit with a decent selection of cymbals/stands. It takes up a lot of space so generally if I'm jamming with people, it's at my house. :D

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

I'm not a drummer but I really love drums for some reason.

Me to.. I even got myself some iron cobras recently.. And I don't even know how to play the drums.. I

Anyway it's nice to have them, because of the quantity of drummers that I play with, that (for some reason?) don't have double pedals..

• Members

Originally posted by Thingfish

Drummers won't feel welcome here until Harmony-Central adds a section for drum equipment user reviews.

I've always wondered why there isn't one. It seems as if it would be very helpful in choosing stuff like it is with guitars and other equipment.

• 7 years later...

Archived