Best guitar ever yet built !

Crunchtime

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This is in fact the worst guitar ever built. And you're rivaling another 'builder' for that title.

you must be looking for a fassion show again... :facepalm: worst guitar won't play. crappy ones play crappy... unless you're talking about ornamants that happen to play - people spend a lot of money on that crap. :poke:

BTW, please do point me to the other "worst guitar ever" from your perspective... I love those chair-back and cigar boxes. Best I've seen elsewhere has been John Watt's semi-solid body guitar... and am using some of his technology.

Would think most who use wammy bars would appreaciate at least a good head job!
:thu:

0127dd11.jpg

• Members

Just updated the headpost. Its excellent and the tuning on the guitar is so much more amazingly stable lik after car-heat and all around not to mention the wammy. Its way better than the shark fin like the Laguna has. Inperfect in same ways though. Here it is... replaced the bicycle bolt with a brass plumbing fittin:p

:cool:55dd58a7.jpg

• Members
I'm utterly speachless.
:eek:

This well outdoes my expectations of what thread could, and should, be.

Those "is the 5150 for me?" threads seem kinda lame now.

We've seen the future of threads right here...

Thanks PaoloJM! :thu:

Just looked up the 5150 per your comment...
[YOUTUBE]oUkhTDKDsTs[/YOUTUBE]

while that's nice it's not for me... I'm now finding I hardly ever use my FM212DSP now that I have Power Guitars. And yea the 5150 has more tonality that the Roland MCs but the Line 6 Cubes seem to have a similar capability - and will see with the Vox soon (2 on order haven't arrived yet, and hoping I can fix the gain knob on 1 of them (ebay'd)).

The fact that I'm rarely choosing the FM212DSP plug-in-guitar option as compared to the Power Guitars is 2 fold. First of coarse is the stationary location and the wire. But also is it's over-power for my situation. Sure would be needed if on stage but in my LR it's hard to get it's tone-capabilities out without turning up the volume. And as far as the live-string-sutstin-volumes I find that physically painful to my ears/head (with big amps).

With little amps it's impossible to get the live-string-sustain-boost onto the tone except in my case of the amp-in-guitars and then it can be too-much if the guitar isn't fairly solid. Acoustics naturally suited but flimsy, electrics would be too heavy so work out re-carved into a semi-solid body (invented by John Watt). With that much rigidity in the guitar I'm finding the power and tone of the Line 6 micro to be just right. The VOX should be a simliar just-right fit with differences primarily in tone/effects. Will have to build one of those to be able to judge the diffes of those two.

Ok so this is the amp for me, and conveniently in my guitar:
[YOUTUBE]A3a3t3Mae2E[/YOUTUBE].

BTW, Sharky (the Laguna/L6 Power Guitar) is now operational and quite competitive to the Natural:

Performance: The head on the Natural wins hands-down and makes the whole guitar play/feel/tune better. Sharky has a crackling sound in it sometimes (like the old SS amps did when they started to overheat - but not severe/deep like that - worth keeping (but won't sell)). It is 1/2 lbs less (11.3 vs 11.7).

Comfort: Sharky has better knob-locations and the speaker too - would work better w/ mic because of the feedback into the mic. I do like the maple neck of the Natural.

Thus Sharky primarily represents improvements to the amp-installation approach - that the location of the controls should be primary (over the speaker location) and that the controls should top-left as much as possible (like located on Sharky but the knobs facing front rather than up).

• Members
:poke: if you'd call them products you could buy them:)

Otherwise purchasse = collaboration. Will it last? Comfortable? Replace?... I have 100% fceedback on ebay with over 200 fdbk and about 10% of tbhat sales... so not spam... just an engr havin fun. :thu:

• Members
Too bad you couldn't find an electrostatic speaker that would work...

I saw a pair of those once. They had a very nice sound but not much power for the size and price, even for just tweeters.:poke: Meanwhile I also get a lot of requests to build in something like a VHT Pitbull of 12" speakers. :poke:

The 1 request where I prolly could do better with is making them pretty for the fashion-oriented-market (if I ever hope to sell more of them). Especially now that the motor burned up on my cross-cut-circular saw. So now that I'm back to the angle grinder I am making more precise cuts. :love: Will have to take a stand on the ovation --- something like a standing one - so that its pretty regardless of playability and weight. nah - will cut it to {censored} like the rest and hope its still pretty once it's been abused.:facepalm:

• Members
feb359cf.jpg

[YOUTUBE]04A41r1xCfU[/YOUTUBE]

At the very end I compared the D and G with the wammy pressed and they are very close. Unless there's an extra length of the unwound strings being longer than the wound strings there's a big disconnect here. The rest is in the spacing of the string pegs vs their tension (still not sure what it should be but it's definatly a relationship - that big center gap was worst though).

Here's a bit more playing myself to sleep in the easy chair.
[YOUTUBE]26kbzQTZKUQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Some tone in Breakdown:

Just think, ya could be dog-ballin!

Happy 4th:

[YOUTUBE]LWGulx7I-Fg[/YOUTUBE]

and some over the hills:

[YOUTUBE]8RyCPnG8dBQ[/YOUTUBE]

oh and Tar Fishin - seems that aught to be more profitable than fishin for shrimp?

[YOUTUBE]Bd932gzlksk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Mr. Dean, have you ever sought out some professional psychiatric help?

You seem troubled, and I'm concerned.

Best help there is, I love Jesus!
:p:):wave::eek::cool:
[YOUTUBE]56hdsralfnc[/YOUTUBE]
And how about those pro luthier skills featured on that guitar!:thu:

hmmm who told you you were na....

Archived