Velcro alternative

Belva

• Members

Anyone know of a material that could be used in place of velcro? I have an idea for a pedal board that involves covering the bottom of the board with something that velcro will adhere to. Something that would give a more finished look as well as the ability to put your pedals anywhere & in any configuration. I also have enough of the hook side velcro for quite a few pedals. Too cheap to throw it away. Maybe a carpet of some sort? Thanks

• Members

I've used the cheapest carpet I can find at Lowes or Home Depot. Works just fine. They have a couple types on big rolls probably supposed to be hallway runners. Has a rubber backing. Don't remember how much it cost but it's cheap, sold by the foot.

I glued it on with water based contact cement.

• Members

I have been using automotive carpet from walmart. Its ok, not as looped like real velcro so it wears out. Its in a roll, 3"x9" I think, less than $10. I glued it down with spray adhesive which didnt last long. I ended up redoing it with carpet tape which worked perfect.

• Members

I have a piece of 1/4" plywood (pack rat syndrome) to use as a base, top & sides for a pedal board. I also have some 1X4 that I can rip into pieces to make supports, riser, etc. (see pack rat syndrome). I also found an Ebay vendor that sells the loop side velcro in 18"X60" pieces. Think that's enough? Just what I need. A pedal board that's a foot & a half wide by five feet long! I have contact cement to glue it down as this is not the sticky back type. I can also staple around the edges to ensure in doesn't go anywhere. Now I'll need some latches to hold the top in place. I think I have a handle (more prs).

Archived