What's up with the Washburn web site?

kwakatak

• Members

I'm trying to learn more about their acoustic line and they have absolutely NO navigation controls whatsoever. I'm a bit frustrated because I tried a Washburn a while back and was intrigued. It was a very comfortable guitar with a solid feel and better than average components, so I felt that it merited a closer look. I wanted to do some research online, so I figured that going to the manufacturer's website I would be able to get some specs like any other but so far I can't get past their crappy home page.

Like many other mis-, under- or un-employed tech weenies, I have had schooling in web design and know some tricks to sneak in though the side door on some sites. There doesn't seem to be anything here, though. Can anyone tell me if there's at least a freakin' directory?! :mad:

• Members

Could be - I'm using Windoze XP with MSIE 6 on a Dell. :mad: but I think I got it to work no thanks to Microsoft or Washburn's webmaster.

In a moment of sheer lunacy I downloaded Netscape Nerve-grater months ago and by using it the Washburn site seems to work. The home page still doesn't have any kind of basic navigation menu, but when I click on a picture with an image map hot link I get to a page that has a pop-up menu that doesn't work when I use MSIE6.

I'm a reformed Mac user and certified webmaster who's not normally this dumb! Now that it works, I see what they did and why I couldn't think my way through it - I let Microsoft do my thinking for me!

:o I'm so embarrassed!

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, EH - that's all I needed! Now, on to see about that maple jumbo....

• Members

No problem.I'm using XP.....this version still has it's big flaws....microsoft will never get the picture.I never did like Internet Explorer.That's the only reason I use AOL.I like the AOL browser.Plus i've got that voicemail crap they overcharge for...but it's better than some local dial up crap with an excuse for a spam blocker that allowed every virus known to man (and computers) to get into my inbox.~EH

Archived