Guess what I just bought

EvilHippy

• Members

I have the Ultrasound 50 and it is really nice. Great little box to take along with you to jam with no PA, or heck with a PA mic'ed or direct out, using the amp as a monitor. Works pretty darn fine on keyboardss as well. Amazingly powerful for its size.

Right now though, I'm totally smitten with the L.R. Baggs Para Acoustic D.I. I recently got on eBay for $100. Just blown away by how much clarity and strength in the mix I get plugging into this little stomp box sized unit then direct into the P.A. with an XLR mic cord. Feedback eliminated, EQ 'd up - SCHWEET!!

I was actually using a more elaborate rig in rehearsals just last week which involved micing my Ultrasound with an AT3035, but I'm thrilled with the Baggs D.I. now as a simple, great sounding set-up.

The Ultrasound will now be used a little less probably, but what a great amp.

• Members

Okay, dramatic_paws, maybe I was a bit quick to jump your ass there. Please understand, "Who gives a {censored}" is hard to recognize as a joke!

I just REALLY like this forum & the people here, and I'd hate to see it deteriorate into the kind of mean-spirited B.S. I've found so many other places.

Hope your final goes well.

Happy holidays to you & yours:) .

• Members

congrats eh!

wouldn't mind having one of those myself, but i don't see it happening anytime soon lol..i just stretched my finances to order one of those go-guitars, heh..but i'm hyped about gettin that!

post your thoughts on the amp when ya get it. i'd love to hear more about it. those amps have been on my radar for a while now :)

Archived