How to wire?

mattiasb

• Members

I've got a singlecoil, a pot, a 3-way switch and a jack. I want it to be wired as followed:

Switch position 1: No sound.

2: Pickup On with volume working

3: Pickup On with volume bypassed (straight to jack)

How should i wire?

• Members

What type of switch? If this is a standard Gibson toggle or a Fender blade it can't be done as these are on/on/on switches. The closest you'll get would be to use an on/off/on dpdt switch making the center the off, one side with volume and one side bypass. Another way would be to have one bypass switch and one switch to turn the whole damn guitar off.

• Members

It's a standard fender tele switch. If i have another pot and a cap then, how to wire if i want it to be as this instead:

1: volume and tone (standard)

2: only volume working

3: volume bypassed (straight to jack)

• Members

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=esquire

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=esquire_alternate

I don't think what you want is possible. Here are a couple of alternatives.

Another option would be to contact guitarelectronics.com. They'll do a wiring diagram for you if it's possible. I think the charge is 15 bucks.

• Members

I think what you need is just a single pole, triple throw switch. I have no idea if you could find a "tele" type switch in that configuration. I'm not sure whether you could modify a regular switch to that configuration. Don't think off hand that you could do it by bending lugs - I think you'd have to re-shape the rotary contact. Don't have one to look at, so I'm just not sure.

Archived